Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How to make a quick apple pear nectarine compote?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:17 pm
Hi,

Can anyone give me quick instructions how to make compote?

amother
Navyblue

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone give me quick instructions how to make compote?

Peal and chop fruit. Pour into pot. Add water just to cover tbe bottom by an inch (don't put much or flavor will be diluted). Add a few spoons of sugar and cover pot. Bring to a boil; lower heat to simmer and let cook lightly until the fruit starts to fall apart. Mix to bring fruit to collapse more for better texture. Taste and add more sugar and/or cinnamon as needed. If too sweet, or if you like more layers of flavor, add a splash of lemon.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:30 pm
Yes. A little honey if you have it, for gooey-ness, thickening. Raisins, if you have.

You could microwave, if you kashered the microwave.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 2:51 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
Peal and chop fruit. Pour into pot. Add water just to cover tbe bottom by an inch (don't put much or flavor will be diluted). Add a few spoons of sugar and cover pot. Bring to a boil; lower heat to simmer and let cook lightly until the fruit starts to fall apart. Mix to bring fruit to collapse more for better texture. Taste and add more sugar and/or cinnamon as needed. If too sweet, or if you like more layers of flavor, add a splash of lemon.

Thank you so much!
Starting right away!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen