Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How to freeze matza balls?

esther11

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:07 am
I know they freeze well but I haven’t yet found the easiest method. Please enlighten me!

Whenever I freeze them, they leak a bunch of water and end up becoming a massive block of ice which is hard to defrost. I once tried in separate muffin liners, but it was too hard to peel. I usually end up putting a few in a ziplock bag, but I feel like there’s got to be a better way!

Thank you Smile

corolla

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 12:10 am
Freeze them seperate on a tray, like cookies, until solid, then store in a ziploc bag.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 4:36 am
Even better to freeze on parchment. It doesn't stick like foil does.

twizzlers1

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:51 am
I just did this and they’re in the freezer now which I need to take out, so thank you for the reminder. I lay them flat on a cookie sheet on top of parchment paper and then I put them in a Ziploc. I made a steak when you’re putting them all in together and yes, they were a sticky mess and cannot even really use them.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:16 am
Someone on here once had a brilliant idea which I’ve used since I read it. Freeze them in an empty egg carton. It’s perfect.

esther11

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:58 am
Thank you ladies! So helpful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen