Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Freeze ahead mashed potatoes, only oil?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:35 pm
My family doesn't eat milchigs on Pesach. I've frozen mashed potatoes before throughout the year, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be as successful for Pesach, considering they wouldn't have any dairy in them.
Anyone ever done this?

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
My family doesn't eat milchigs on Pesach. I've frozen mashed potatoes before throughout the year, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be as successful for Pesach, considering they wouldn't have any dairy in them.
Anyone ever done this?

I've only frozen pareve mashed potatoes. It needed to be reheated uncovered and stirred in the middle, for a long time to get the sogginess to evaporate (couldn't just heat up on the blech before the meal) but once it did, they tasted fine
didn't find it so helpful to freeze in advance because it was so complicated to reheat

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:50 pm
You can freeze them if they are very fattening. If they are more dietetic it doesnt work. So probably would depend on how much oil you use.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:02 pm
Thanks! Guess we'll be eating mashed potatoes the next couple days in preparation for pesach lol...
Think it might freeze okay if I fry them into mashed potato patties?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics