Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I give up
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 1:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes I did try OA. Did all the steps had a sponsor went to meetings....went the same route as everything else. Regained all the weight.

My insurance does not cover weight loss medication.

We must be twins
I’ve done OA for a while
It worked while I worked the
program
But after a while it seemed cult-like
Also when I truly needed support I couldn’t find someone to talk to. Not that I was looking for a therapist, just needed a friend, and unfortunately I couldn’t find someone.

I found more support here, typing to strangers.

Now I’ve gained my weight back and because of knee problems I can barely walk.
Im 40lbs overweight. But on my knees, hip and back it seems like 200.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 1:54 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
Watch this. I promise it'll make u feel better, Shaindy is so kind and understanding. She changed my life. No shots. No surgery. Kindness.

https://watch.raizyfried.com/v.....dence

In the world of YouTube and podcasts, having to pay for content that's not part of an actual course is a turn off. If she has something to share that I don't have to pay a monthly fee for, I'd be open to hearing her ideas.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 1:56 pm
Imabubby60 wrote:
If you don't mind, could you share what you were eating and I might be able to help you? Feel free to pm. I'll give you a sample day for ideas. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, I feel content hunger wise, and I'm not doing it perfectly, but much improved.
Breakfast;
3 organic pasture raised eggs (Trader Joe's, Costco...) with cheddar cheese or feta.
Lunch:
Organic romaine and cabbage salad, colorful bell peppers, cuccumbers, scallions. Dressing: Avocado oil, fresh lemon, garlic, pepper. (avocado oil mayo optional). fresh or canned Wild caught salmon, trout, tuna, sardines.
Snack: Macademia nuts, pickles, olives
Dinner: Grass fed beef, organic chicken (ideally), fish, vegetables, salad.
Oils: Only Avocado or Olive Oil and very minimal processed foods.
Where I'm not doing the proper Keto is I make oven potato and sweet potato fries a couple of times a week with dinner and rice in my cholent. Also I have an occasional smoothie with berries and mango and sometimes a tangerine, or apple and nut butter.
I think it might take about 2 weeks for the body to get the sugars out of the system and start using fat stores for energy.

My body cannot handle the fat and animal protein of a keto diet. I tried and I ended up very sick. I've posted here before, there are people who cannot do it. I didnt say I was hungry or felt like I was missing carbs, I literally got sick.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 1:58 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
We must be twins
I’ve done OA for a while
It worked while I worked the
program
But after a while it seemed cult-like
Also when I truly needed support I couldn’t find someone to talk to. Not that I was looking for a therapist, just needed a friend, and unfortunately I couldn’t find someone.

I found more support here, typing to strangers.

Now I’ve gained my weight back and because of knee problems I can barely walk.
Im 40lbs overweight. But on my knees, hip and back it seems like 200.

I'm about 65-75 lbs overweight. It was too much of a cult to me and it was too much work. It lasted as long as it lasted, just like every other diet.

Imabubby60

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 2:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
My body cannot handle the fat and animal protein of a keto diet. I tried and I ended up very sick. I've posted here before, there are people who cannot do it. I didnt say I was hungry or felt like I was missing carbs, I literally got sick.

Sorry for being annoying and harp on the same subject. It's suggested to fill up on vegatables first and then have smaller amounts of protein, a majority of fish. Success with whatever you do:)

Imabubby60

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 2:01 pm
Imabubby60 wrote:
Sorry for being annoying and harping on the same subject. It's suggested to fill up on vegatables first and then have smaller amounts of protein, a majority of fish. Success with whatever you do:)

Imabubby60

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 2:23 pm
This Dr gives a lot of info about Ozempic and also about the reason for our obesity epidemic (myself included): https://youtu.be/ipZODIzJsIo?s.....axbhP

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 3:31 pm
amother Black wrote:
No. Its not 1000 a month.
I buy ozempic and I started with a tiny dose.

I understand the company wants to push more of its product that doesn't mean I have to buy it.

I spend about 150 a month on it.

I feel so much better have so much more energy. Ahhhh bh!

Where do you get it for this price?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 4:59 pm
Was going to say overeaters anonymous but see it was already mentioned. Although I don't particularly go to meetings anymore, overeaters anonymous has helped me to begin the journey of a healthier relationship with food and body.

Helped me have a very different perspective and experience and then from there, my intuitive eating path was able to "stick".

I had hesitations about joining at first but I wish I joined earlier than I did. Legitimately saved my life!!! Would recommend for sure.

Although each meeting is individual in a sense so try different meetings and flavors if you want to try it again.

I'd recommend the ABA subsection of OA. WAY less cult-like and more behavioral so can learn the tools and skills and then bring them with you into your life even when you are no longer going to the meetings etc.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 7:13 pm
Stop trying to lose weight. Just because you lose weight doesn't mean you are any healthier. It just means you know how to restrict yourself. If you want to be healthy listen to your hunger cues and eat good whole foods. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, goat cheese, leaner meats, etc. And also try exercising a small amount per day. It ups your endorphins and helps with feeling energized. You're never going to change anything if all you're focused on is weight loss.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 11:16 am
I posted elsewhere about new glucose revolution. (I'll try to link later)

If u lower ur glucose level u can lower ur cravings & hunger. Does not need to be keto, just lower carb, up to 20 gms, but first eat veg, then protein, then carb.

Try to walk 10 min after a meal. If that's too hard, start w walking to the corner & try to increase every few days).

(I think it helps that I'm off gluten but I realize most aren't going to do that)

You'll see you will feel so much better. I no longer get weak & dizzy when I don't eat.

I lost about 25 lbs & then plateaued for a long time, but I kept at it bec I din't want to take meds for sugar control. (I do take supplements) Recently added L-carnitine & starting to see results on the scale again.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 12:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have just given up on my health. I cannot diet anymore. Every time I diet I lose weight and then a short time later I gain it back. I have never in the last 15 years lost weight and kept it off. It is so demoralizing, I'm just giving up. I can't do this to myself anymore. Feel free to suggest something I promise been there done that gained it back and got the T-shirt.
I wish my obesity didn't affect my health. I wish the only issue was looks. I have made peace with looking the way I do. The problem is my body doesn't agree with me. My joints ache, I have heartburn, I have no energy, intimacy is physically uncomfortable, Im out of breathe all the time.
I just give up.

OP, I'm answering because you asked! I hate when my diet is the topic of conversation, but I hope this is helpful for you.

I also yoyo dieted for about 15 years, never was able to stick to a diet and keep off weight.

BH I made a lifestyle change for health reasons, not weight reasons, and I lost all extra weight I had, and stuck to it. It's been about 8 months now.

I switched to an organic diet and stayed extremely strict on it, to the point that the food I eat now is habitual and I don't have a desire for my past loves of pizza, pasta, ketchup, sugar, etc.

I had a coach help me through the first two months until I got the hang of it, and I've honestly never felt healthier. Losing the weight was an additional bonus, and I'm positive I was only able to stick to it bc weight wasn't my motivating factor.

I hope this is encouraging, and that you find what works for you!!

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have just given up on my health. I cannot diet anymore. Every time I diet I lose weight and then a short time later I gain it back. I have never in the last 15 years lost weight and kept it off. It is so demoralizing, I'm just giving up. I can't do this to myself anymore. Feel free to suggest something I promise been there done that gained it back and got the T-shirt.
I wish my obesity didn't affect my health. I wish the only issue was looks. I have made peace with looking the way I do. The problem is my body doesn't agree with me. My joints ache, I have heartburn, I have no energy, intimacy is physically uncomfortable, Im out of breathe all the time.
I just give up.

I am not good at losing weigh so I won’t comment on that however working out regularly helped minimize my joint pain a lot. Once in a while it bothers me but it’s a LOT less than before.

I do work with a trainer
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise