Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
A wonderfull surprise...please give your example. I'll start

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 9:26 am
Married dd who always baked and made desserts for Pesach isn't coming this year. I was feeling a little stressed tho, but thought, ok we'll have melon and I hope I'll have time to make a few plain cakes.

Well, I got a nice surprise. I was tired the other day and went back to bed after the morning rush. I woke up, pleasantly surprised that dd10 hadn't disturbed me. Turns out she wanted to make me a surprise...she'd asked said dd for some recipes and had made all sorts of delicious sorbets, chocolate cakes and brownie bars!

She'd asked ds15 to check the eggs but otherwise had done it all by herself! And she told me she wants it to be her job every year.

Never under-estimate your kids.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:07 am
Wow! Enjoy your nachas, and of course, the desserts she made

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:08 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Wow! Enjoy your nachas, and of course, the desserts she made

Thank you!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:20 am
I asked my 9 year old to put away a few things in the pantry and she completely reorganized the mess and found tons of extra space to put things away for Pesach!

Lemonade 2323

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:28 am
I'll tell you a cute story of ds13 who tried to be helpful!

I had 2 pots of chicken soup simmering and a pot of fried onions that I'd forgotten to turn off. My son, 13, yelled upstairs that the onions are 'bubbling' and should he close the gas. Very grateful, I told him yes.

Coming into the kitchen a little later, I noticed the chicken soup was turned off. Ds proudly told me that it was also 'bubbling' so he turned the gas off! Although I had planned on on straining it and putting it into containers already, I didn't have the heart to enlighten him of his 'mistake'!

It paid off though, he was eager to help some more, kids don't like helping when they feel they can't do it right. It was a good investment to thank him and move on.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:29 am
We are visiting in Israel. We come often so my children are familiar with the neighborhood. Still id never send them outside by themselves.

I was busy cleaning, helping my other law, when my DH sent my 7 year old and younger child outside the building to the park right outside it. My son has ASD and I don’t really trust him with his younger siblings let alone to bring them back and find the correct building when they all look alike. He doesn’t speak a word of Hebrew and can’t remember the building number no matter how many times I’ve told him.

As I was walking towards the elevator it opened and out came two all smiling children walking hand in hand. My son brought her back as soon as she said she wanted a drink and held her hand the whole time just like my dh told him to.

I was very impressed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:29 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I asked my 9 year old to put away a few things in the pantry and she completely reorganized the mess and found tons of extra space to put things away for Pesach!

Now you're talking! That's a great example!

Lemonade 2323

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:34 am
amother Black wrote:
We are visiting in Israel. We come often so my children are familiar with the neighborhood. Still id never send them outside by themselves.

I was busy cleaning, helping my other law, when my DH sent my 7 year old and younger child outside the building to the park right outside it. My son has ASD and I don’t really trust him with his younger siblings let alone to bring them back and find the correct building when they all look alike. He doesn’t speak a word of Hebrew and can’t remember the building number no matter how many times I’ve told him.

As I was walking towards the elevator it opened and out came two all smiling children walking hand in hand. My son brought her back as soon as she said she wanted a drink and held her hand the whole time just like my dh told him to.

I was very impressed.

Wow! May you have continued nachas.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:40 am
My 10 year old made 50 matzoh balls for me.

My 13 year old prepared 10 cakes and sorbet.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:45 am
My 4 year old dd helped fold the laundry cuz hey regular life still has to go on despite it being Erev Pesach. I was so proud that she offered and actually did a great job!

Debzz123

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 11:02 am
I got tired in middle of cleaning my room and fell asleep on the couch, my dh did the whole room- washing linen blankets pillows and bed skirt plus mopped he ended up going to sleep at 5 in the morning
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics