Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/O how much did you spend on yourself?
Previous  1  2  3

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:32 am
amother Brunette wrote:
Lets break it down together:

This is what I got so far for weekday ( I'm a SAHM and like to feel dressed)

6 thin colored tees for $213 (about $34-$38 each)
One denim maxi skirt $63
One denim short skirt $69
Denim maxi slip dress $59
Diff style denim skirt $89
2 comfy denim skirts $59 each

Shabbes:
Slip dress $57
Shabbes dress $89
Another shabbes dress $169

One pair everyday shoes $130 ( I have one style shoes that fit me very comfy so I get them every season in different colors
White sneakers $84
Diff white sneakers $40
Floafers slides $44

Its about $1224 and I am almost done. I probably need one more shabbes thing ( I still have from last season some I will wear again).

Oh and should I count my new underwear too?? Cool

Just curious:

Are most of these purchases replacements for items you had last year?

If so, what happened to the old items of clothing? Shouldn't some of these items (a denim skirt, for example) last more than one year?

Or did you change sizes recently and need a whole new wardrobe because nothing fits?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:36 am
amother Latte wrote:
Shabbos shoes from matalan for £8 😂 I barely go out in shabbos

The yal tops in acc world will go on sale for 30 midway through the season. And if you're lucky at the Jewish shops right at the end of the season also.

Lol Matalan, I guessed Primark! I've had Primark shoes but never thought of Matalan, thanks for the info 😀

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 3:22 am
amother Garnet wrote:
I can't.

I want to cry.
(I did, a little bit.)

I live in Lakewood and work in an office. I went through my old stuff from last year and most of it really looks ready for the garbage. Not even decent enough to donate. I really wear everything until I can't anymore, and they have stains, are pilly/streched out, and don't look nice. Most are from years ago and completely out of style. I'm not even thinking about Shabbos yet- just things I can wear to work once it warms up.

DH told me to buy. I went shopping, waited in line for over an hour, and found lots of nice stuff.

Denim skirts, some pretty floral things, two slip dresses, and a couple of basic tops.

the tops were about $35, skirts and dresses were $55-70. altogether, about 500. each thing was really reasonable prices.

I excitedly told DH, but he was not so pleased.

I can't. I can't walk this line of always feeling like a complete shlump or way too high maintenance. Ali and Shein are great. Really. But I guess I don't have enough of an eye to find nice things- everything I get cheap online really looks like what it is- a $12 top from China, and doesn't last more than 1 wash.

I just want to look put together and presentable. I need more than 3 outfits for the summer- its half the year! every single day except Shabbos from April until September!!

And I didn't even think about shoes/makeup/Shabbos/shells/anything else!!

Did I overbuy?

Am I normal?

Did I do the right thing or not?

What does everyone else do????

Help me please!!!!

I think you know that you're normal and you're husband's reaction wasn't.
Hugs.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 3:39 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
I think you know that you're normal and you're husband's reaction wasn't.
Hugs.

I personally think it's a lot to spend in one go. I do it slowly over a couple of months, have most from previous years and add a couple of things each season.

Cookin4days

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 3:41 am
amother Holly wrote:
1500 on clothing so far- 3 shabbos, 2 weekday, 2 denim skirts
Shoes- 2 pairs for 130
Skincare- 400

I’ll probably get a couple more weekday after pesach

What skincare for $400, asking out of curiosity I love skincare

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 5:18 am
amother Garnet wrote:
I can't.

I want to cry.
(I did, a little bit.)

I live in Lakewood and work in an office. I went through my old stuff from last year and most of it really looks ready for the garbage. Not even decent enough to donate. I really wear everything until I can't anymore, and they have stains, are pilly/streched out, and don't look nice. Most are from years ago and completely out of style. I'm not even thinking about Shabbos yet- just things I can wear to work once it warms up.

DH told me to buy. I went shopping, waited in line for over an hour, and found lots of nice stuff.

Denim skirts, some pretty floral things, two slip dresses, and a couple of basic tops.

the tops were about $35, skirts and dresses were $55-70. altogether, about 500. each thing was really reasonable prices.

I excitedly told DH, but he was not so pleased.

I can't. I can't walk this line of always feeling like a complete shlump or way too high maintenance. Ali and Shein are great. Really. But I guess I don't have enough of an eye to find nice things- everything I get cheap online really looks like what it is- a $12 top from China, and doesn't last more than 1 wash.

I just want to look put together and presentable. I need more than 3 outfits for the summer- its half the year! every single day except Shabbos from April until September!!

And I didn't even think about shoes/makeup/Shabbos/shells/anything else!!

Did I overbuy?

Am I normal?

Did I do the right thing or not?

What does everyone else do????

Help me please!!!!

Did you buy the items or not? Sounds like a great deal. How much did he have in mind?

Can I ask you where you went?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:16 pm
I was waiting for this thread.. LOL

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:27 pm
Cookin4days wrote:
What skincare for $400, asking out of curiosity I love skincare

I went to a dermatologist and got a list of what to use am and pm. She said to get from Skinceuticals. It’s vitamin c serum, retinol and niacinimide.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 3:01 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Lets break it down together:

This is what I got so far for weekday ( I'm a SAHM and like to feel dressed)

6 thin colored tees for $213 (about $34-$38 each)
One denim maxi skirt $63
One denim short skirt $69
Denim maxi slip dress $59
Diff style denim skirt $89
2 comfy denim skirts $59 each

Shabbes:
Slip dress $57
Shabbes dress $89
Another shabbes dress $169

One pair everyday shoes $130 ( I have one style shoes that fit me very comfy so I get them every season in different colors
White sneakers $84
Diff white sneakers $40
Floafers slides $44

Its about $1224 and I am almost done. I probably need one more shabbes thing ( I still have from last season some I will wear again).

Oh and should I count my new underwear too?? Cool

Can you link to your tees?
I’m a depressed sahm and should really take your lead and get dressed properly.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 4:48 pm
amother Holly wrote:
I went to a dermatologist and got a list of what to use am and pm. She said to get from Skinceuticals. It’s vitamin c serum, retinol and niacinimide.

Top skincare products and ingredients!
Timeless vitamin C is fabulous too and budget friendly.
Can you share what retinol you bought?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 7:42 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
That makes you very special. We all bow before you.

That's not very nice. OP asked a question, and I answered it. I don't think that being poor / having a husband who treats me poorly and gets angry at me and withholds money makes me better than other people. I just think I shop sales and thrift stores because I don't have the money to spend as much as some.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 7:46 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
That's not very nice. OP asked a question, and I answered it. I don't think that being poor / having a husband who treats me poorly and gets angry at me and withholds money makes me better than other people. I just think I shop sales and thrift stores because I don't have the money to spend as much as some.

Btw, yes, this is financial abuse, and I have been working on a plan to separate for some time now. So definitely not a better person, just in a worse situation.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics