Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Dh wants to give a gift to a female client - UPDATE
Previous  1  2  3

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:57 am
Would gifting something Baccarat work?
Or MacKenzie Childs if the budget is lower?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:32 am
Gifts for clients, is also often promotional items from the business.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:47 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Gifts for clients, is also often promotional items from the business.

It’s not a corporate business with promotional items. Dh works mostly solo.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:49 am
singleagain wrote:
If wine is what he usually gives to clients, there should be no issue to get it to a female client.

ETA as a woman. I would be very offended if I someone gave me something different than my male colleagues just because I was a woman.

Now I personally don't like wine that much. So if they said I know you don't like wine so I got you X that would be different but to be like oh you're a woman so I didn't get you wine that would bother me .

Contemplating this….
Maybe if we don’t think too much into it… just drop off a fancy wine in a professional manner….

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:52 am
amother DarkGray wrote:
Would gifting something Baccarat work?
Or MacKenzie Childs if the budget is lower?

I second this. A nice designer piece for the desk, like a pen holder or box. We’ve done Mackenzie in a similar scenario.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:30 am
How well does he know this client. If he gave dash cam in the past, let him give her one also.

yamz

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 8:56 am
What's your budget? I vote for a nice pen or a gift basket. Impersonal enough that it won't be awkward, anyone can use them, but either of these items actually might be enjoyed versus some tchotchke for a desk that just takes up space.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:12 am
yamz wrote:
What's your budget? I vote for a nice pen or a gift basket. Impersonal enough that it won't be awkward, anyone can use them, but either of these items actually might be enjoyed versus some tchotchke for a desk that just takes up space.

Yes what is the budget?
100? 300? 500?

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 9:14 am
Baccarat butterflies run around $190-$250.
Comes in a beautiful box. It's a statement piece and everyone knows the name.
I would love such a gift.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:12 am
amother DarkGray wrote:
Baccarat butterflies run around $190-$250.
Comes in a beautiful box. It's a statement piece and everyone knows the name.
I would love such a gift.

I have never heard of it before..

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 10:20 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
https://youtu.be/dDOx2cltNAs?si=Ar80ob8-tUq-mdlg
This is reminding me of this clip from Eretz Nehederet
[youtube]https://go.skimresources.com/?id=18805X759526&isjs=1&jv=15.4.2-stackpath&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.imamother.com%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D546286%26start%3D20&url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FdDOx2cltNAs%3Fsi%3DAr80ob8-tUq-mdlg&xs=1&xtz=-120&xuuid=f6245cd76670ac6906b6bf0516d11aa0&xjsf=other_click__auxclick%20%5B2%5D[/youtube]

funkyfrummom

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:45 pm
I didn't read this whole thread but some of these suggestions are just really, really odd. This is a non-Jewish client and a non-Jewish business, yes? He needs to gift the way it is done and a lot of these suggestions are just not what you give to a client.

I would suggest he give good liquor (not wine) like he would give male colleagues-- like a good bottle of Scotch. They make them gift boxed for the holidays. (Not wine, liquor to stock a bar for entertaining purposes... wine would be creepy because it has a romantic connotation.)

The other option would be some sort of official corporate gift with the logo of the business on it. I am assuming they don't have something like this or he would be using it already.

NOT a gift card. That would be very odd to give a gift card to a client because it has a clear money value. Gift cards are great for teachers, your kid's tutor/OT/speech therapist, or ppl in service industries, household help, etc. but not for a CLIENT that you are thanking for ongoing business.

Please don't try to give a book. That is also incredibly personal.

Chocolates could actually have worked in Dec. IF wrapped for holidays... they don't work in other months, especially not in Feb. Maybe a fancy nut/dried fruit platter could work, but it needs to be elaborate enough to seem substantial. Big fancy fruit baskets with the very best quality fruits are also done (the pears are often hand wrapped, oranges are perfect and wrapped in tissue... that type of thing). You can get them mail order from something like Harry & David.

voira

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 5:58 pm
How about a carryon from samsonite ?

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 6:38 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
https://youtu.be/dDOx2cltNAs?si=Ar80ob8-tUq-mdlg
This is reminding me of this clip from Eretz Nehederet

This looks hilarious! Too bad my Hebrew is so rusty! Can you translate it?

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:
He thinks so too. As well as wine.
(He always tells the story of a young Chassid who was new in business and bought flowers for his female customer…)

Please tell us

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 8:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Contemplating this….
Maybe if we don’t think too much into it… just drop off a fancy wine in a professional manner….

Kosher wine?
https://oukosher.org/halacha-y.....wine/

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:40 am
Update:

He ended up giving a JCPenney gift card packaged beautifully, this was upon her coworker’s advice.

(I need to point out that this woman is not the owner of the firm but rather a high position employee, which makes a gift card a little less weird imo.)

Also to those who were worrying about Halacha:

Our Dayan said it is allowed for business, just to sign on card either company name or family ——.

In any case the way it should be handed over needs to be respectful and professional.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 7:43 am
Duplicate.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 8:11 am
Also want to add that this shaila and psak from Dayan made me realize even more how much people on here tend to think things are Assur when they usually aren’t. Our Dayan said it’s actually quite simple.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 9:48 am
amother OP wrote:
Also want to add that this shaila and psak from Dayan made me realize even more how much people on here tend to think things are Assur when they usually aren’t. Our Dayan said it’s actually quite simple.

Halacha usually is a lot simpler and easier than we suspect. I feel vindicated by the gift card (those who said its inappropriate because its like giving cash- Any present unless you give homemade cookies, has a cash value and why give something that may be inappropriate).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics