Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Meat roll

suomynona

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:07 am
Anyone have a good easy recipe for meat roll? I'm referring to ground meat in pastry dough.
There's a recipe in Kosher Pallete for meat sandwiched in 2 layers of dough. Has anyone made it? I think it says to bake it in a pyrex. Would it come out ok in a disposable 9x13 pan?

TIA.

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:10 am
I just brown some meat with whatever spices I want, and roll it up jelly roll style in some puff pastry. egg, sesame seeds on top, and bake till done. yum, especially if the meat is well spiced - I use pepper, paprika, onion, garlic powder, and tumeric.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:22 am
I make mine with tomato paste and either frozen veggies or cooked rice mixed in.

Lately, I've been making chili pie - browned ground beef mixed with sauteed minced garlic, onions and green pepper, canned corn and cooked white rice, tomato paste, brown sugar, black pepper, garlic powder and chili powder. Mix together, pour into a deep-dish pie crust and bake for 30 minutes.

Another pastry roll dish I make is roll out the dough, layer of mashed potatoes, a line of chicken breast. Top the chicken breast with a can of condensed vegetarian vegetable soup, roll up and bake for an hour. Works well with fish too. Of course I haven't made that since moving to Israel since I haven't found canned soup...

Newsie

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:34 am
I once made that recipe from the kosher pallete- it didn't come out well- but it was probably my fault because usually their recipes are good. It was fine in a 9x13
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics