Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Please help settle this meat argument
Previous  1  2  3

TCR

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:24 pm
myname1 wrote:
Is boiled plain meat without spices or sauces or anything considered a festive meal?

Dh thinks yes because he enjoys the taste of the meat. The meat is "festive" enough that it doesn't need a recipe to make it impressive.

I don't find plain boiled meat appetizing at all. I grew up never eating meat and am only impressed and sometimes even enticed to try some if it has a sauce or spices or something else and not just plain boiled meat.

He thinks I don't get a say because I don't like and am not used to meat. But he thinks all others agree with him. What do you say? (And if you agree with me, does your dh, too?)

why don't u cook it his way, and then re-heat your own portion in a good sauce for yourself?

myname1

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:41 pm
Thanks all, very interesting to read all of the different responses.

spikta

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 1:45 pm
If I were your guest I would absolutely not think it was festive and I'd feel bad for you for having unappealing food at your simcha. I'd try not to judge, but I'd definitely be scratching my head and wondering if everything's OK. You don't owe anyone anything and if your guests are unimpressed that's their problem, but unless boiled meat in water is a family thing and everyone that's coming is part of that family, that's what the vast majority of your guests are going to think IMO.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics