amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 10:28 pm
Heim? Like the legal stuff.
What would I need to take care of?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Yesterday at 10:40 pm
Can you open something like that for just busy moms who want a break with only female company and kosher food?

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 10:50 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Can you open something like that for just busy moms who want a break with only female company and kosher food?

I wish there was such a thing!
I would so do it. But I'm afraid there isn't too much of a demand for that.

amother
Garnet

Post Yesterday at 11:09 pm
You’d be very surprised what a demand you would have! I always say why do I need to go thru 9 months of preganancy + labor n delivery to be treated to this? Woman can only all run to FL ladies only but not to a local retreat with good food, a pool and some spa amenities?
Make it happen! Kol hakovod! Let me know when done and I’ll be your first customer🤪

amother
Moccasin

Post Yesterday at 11:12 pm
And I will be your second customer, though I live in the UK and assuming you are not.... It is my dream!!

amother
Blue  

Post Yesterday at 11:17 pm
amother OP wrote:

I assume there isn't, because La Isha tried to do this (in addition to the postpartum) and I'm not sure what happened.

amother
Opal

Post Today at 12:13 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:

Came here to say this!!

amother
Tealblue

Post Today at 12:42 am
amother Blue wrote:
I assume there isn't, because La Isha tried to do this (in addition to the postpartum) and I'm not sure what happened.

They aren't really set up properly for it. Vacationers or lady's recuperating from non pregnancy issues eat together with post partum women. .
I think if it was totally separate would have taken off

amother
Bronze

Post Today at 1:40 am
I’ll be your third customer! Chiming in from Brooklyn NY, dreaming of such a place on the Coney Island beach…can use such a place this week to recuperate from YT

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Today at 1:54 am
I'll agree with the other posters that I would love to have a place to just go away for a few days to be pampered. Easier as well to run because you don't need baby nurse and insurance, etc

amother
  Blue

Post Today at 2:03 am
amother Bronze wrote:
I’ll be your third customer! Chiming in from Brooklyn NY, dreaming of such a place on the Coney Island beach…can use such a place this week to recuperate from YT

Question is if people like you would actually go. Would you actually take off the week and make arrangements to enjoy this or is it more a dream that would be nice in theory but not arranging and paying for a?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Today at 3:01 am
But why does it have to be a week? Busy moms can’t afford that, or they’d be going to Florida like everyone else. Why can’t they recharge for 24 or 48 hours?

On a different note, I’d love a local vacay/resort spot where I could go with DH for a quick getaway. Would have delicious gourmet meals delivered to our room or in a shared dining room (restaurant style dining, not kimpeturin home style), minyan on premises and a small indoor pool in every room. We don’t need much else but it would be the perfect way to get away for a bit and reconnect away from home without the hassle of flying and going away for an entire week or even extended weekend.

I know that’s not what you’re looking for op, but if anyone wants to open something like this, I’m your first customer.

amother
Lily

Post Today at 3:18 am
amother OP wrote:

There isn't because the main thing a kimpeturin heim offers is the baby care.

Another kimpeturin heim is in the making now in Blooming Grove by a huge philanthropist.

OP to answer your question it has to either be funded by a big philanthropist or it has to be community funded. Otherwise you'll never cover.

Do the math. The regular hotel room is more than this and here you get 3 full meals plus a cafeteria plus baby care.

Its literally impossible to cover expenses with the money people pay for the stay.

amother
Gold

Post Today at 3:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Heim? Like the legal stuff.
What would I need to take care of?

You will need to have a chef and kitchen according to state standards.
All baby nurses will need to be qualified and licensed.
Building will need to be up to standard.
Cleaning staff.
I'm sure legally there are plenty more that needs doing besides insurance which is different than regular since you have babies and adults.

I know in the UK one of the baby homes had to stop letting anyone leave the premises, and restricted their outside grounds since the insurance started making trouble etc.

amother
Stonewash

Post Today at 7:55 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
I'll agree with the other posters that I would love to have a place to just go away for a few days to be pampered. Easier as well to run because you don't need baby nurse and insurance, etc

Would it work?
Kimpeturim homes work because everyone is the 'same', they bond over their pregnancy and birth experiences and the spin-offs. There's no entertainment or outings, or other expectations.

Without that, would woman be happy to 'just be'? Idk. Think people would expect some kind of programme.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Today at 9:05 am
Can I suggest someone make a womens retreat in one of the kosher hotels? It can even be a regular hotel. Make a program for 2-3 days to allow the women to truly relax and get back to themselves. I think that's in great demand right after yamim tovim.

Simple1

Post Today at 9:13 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:

Isn’t that funny - that was just my reaction when I saw the post.

amother
Crocus  

Post Today at 9:19 am
Square and Monroe are connected to a healthcare facility

amother
  Crocus

Post Today at 9:20 am
Square and Monroe are connected to a healthcare facility

amother
  OP

Post Today at 10:36 am
amother Lily wrote:
There isn't because the main thing a kimpeturin heim offers is the baby care.

Another kimpeturin heim is in the making now in Blooming Grove by a huge philanthropist.

OP to answer your question it has to either be funded by a big philanthropist or it has to be community funded. Otherwise you'll never cover.

Do the math. The regular hotel room is more than this and here you get 3 full meals plus a cafeteria plus baby care.

Its literally impossible to cover expenses with the money people pay for the stay.

I want to open one closer to Boro Park.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics