Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Anyone have any idea what it would take to open a kimpiturin
Previous  1  2

amother
Mintgreen

Post Yesterday at 10:40 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Can I suggest someone make a womens retreat in one of the kosher hotels? It can even be a regular hotel. Make a program for 2-3 days to allow the women to truly relax and get back to themselves. I think that's in great demand right after yamim tovim.

The Raleigh Hotel used to do this, and they stopped because there wasn't enough demand. The first few years it was popular, and then demand declined.

Just for nostalgia's sake...
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....53954

amother
SandyBrown

Post Yesterday at 10:47 am
amother Mintgreen wrote:
The Raleigh Hotel used to do this, and they stopped because there wasn't enough demand. The first few years it was popular, and then demand declined.

I'm in Israel and local councils do operate subsidised 2-3 day retreats for women, usually twice a year. I never went because it all felt a bit too summer camp for me, but I know lots of others who really felt recharged afterwards. Come to think of it,
I don't remember seeing any advertised lately. That could be because of the war, or perhaps demand has declined as well.

newinbp

Post Yesterday at 12:17 pm
Op you mentioned making one closer to Bp. There used to be a kimpeterin heim in coney island seagate. Maybe find out what happened, if you can use/revive that place? Would def be more local for ppl in Brooklyn Smile

amother
Waterlily

Post Yesterday at 1:34 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I'm in Israel and local councils do operate subsidised 2-3 day retreats for women, usually twice a year. I never went because it all felt a bit too summer camp for me, but I know lots of others who really felt recharged afterwards. Come to think of it,
I don't remember seeing any advertised lately. That could be because of the war, or perhaps demand has declined as well.

Just saw one advertised today. For english speaking women!

Ruchel

Post Yesterday at 1:48 pm
Some women go to Uman for Frum female company

Is the Bais Raizel in Antwerp close as I heard?

There is a kosher hotel with a kid club with late hours in the Alps it's great for couples

amother
Cyclamen

Post Yesterday at 1:59 pm
Maybe it takes having a chasidus like New Square or Satmar..... Hee hee

amother
Dill  

Post Yesterday at 2:04 pm
It’s costly… and lots of legal stuff your dealing with postpartum women and newborns…

I’d imagine speaking to a nursing home about it, it sounds similar needing nurses a Dr on call, staff etc..

amother
Tuberose  

Post Yesterday at 3:13 pm
Ladies, you can make your own 24 hour getaway. Book a local hotel, Buy yourself a nice takeout dinner,buy some nice things for brunch to Put in the hotel fridge. Go swimming, sleep, relax, be alone in quiet for many hours.
I've done this many times. You dont need a specific place to make his happen!

amother
  Dill

Post Yesterday at 3:17 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Ladies, you can make your own 24 hour getaway. Book a local hotel, Buy yourself a nice takeout dinner,buy some nice things for brunch to Put in the hotel fridge. Go swimming, sleep, relax, be alone in quiet for many hours.

I did this as a single all the time,
I basically went away every month those years.

I couldn’t imagine leaving Dh and kids to go away but I see the need for it I’d feel too guilty tho

amother
Heather

Post Yesterday at 3:45 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:

I've done this minus the swimming. Where do you swim in private or women only?

amother
  Tuberose  

Post Yesterday at 3:49 pm
amother Heather wrote:
I've done this minus the swimming. Where do you swim in private or women only?

First of all, hotel pools are often empty. I wear a swim dress and am fully tznius.

amother
  Tuberose

Post Yesterday at 3:54 pm
amother Dill wrote:
I did this as a single all the time,
I basically went away every month those years.

I couldn’t imagine leaving Dh and kids to go away but I see the need for it I’d feel too guilty tho

It would be the same if there was a frum place to go. Your husband needs to be on board. But if it's something that you feel you really need, then he will take you more seriously. Take off a day of work, and have him take off for the parts of the day that you don't have childcare options.
It is Soo helpful for your mental health and can be so helpful in avoiding burn out! Do not feel guilty!
The stronger you are, the better person, mother and wife you can be for all those who need you!
You are a person too and deserve to be happy and not feel like a burnout shmatta..

amother
  NeonYellow

Post Today at 12:03 am
amother Tuberose wrote:

I'd go absolutely crazy holed up alone in a hotel, but if this works for you, great!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics