Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
A year in Israel for mid to late career professional

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 9:58 am
I had always wanted to make aliyah when my DH and I were just starting out but it was not to be, for various reasons.

It happens I am the main breadwinner and am getting to a point where I am in the latter half of my career.

I am thinking I want to take a Sabbatical from my job and spend several months in Israel learning. I never got to do this when I was younger. I want a chance to also learn Hebrew. If we ever decide to make aliyah when we retire, Hebrew will not be so easy to learn at that age. But I doubt this will happen for reasons below.

When I return to the States I will most likely look for a new position that has a slower pace but I still need to work to contribute to retirement funds and financial support that I expect our DC will need.

My Dh and I have an agreement that he will work in the States when I am in Israel to keep up the health insurances. And we will both visit each other and I will probably also travel back to the States every 3 months anyway.

So with all that said, any ideas for program options that would accommodate and English speaking career woman?

amother
Pewter

Post Yesterday at 10:02 am
Nishmat
Pardes

essie14

Post Yesterday at 10:16 am
I know someone who did this at Eyhat.
https://aish.com/introductory-programs/

Nishmat and Matan also offer programs like this.

amother
Poppy

Post Yesterday at 11:01 am
Just saying, older people can learn languages as well as younger people if they're willing to do the same work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions