Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
2 year old DD very attached to her father
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:56 am
I wanted to know if anyone else’s 2 year old dd is very attached to her father to the point where he can’t eat his meals in peace. As soon as he comes home she clings to him, wanting to be entertained.

She’s somewhat attached to me as well but I think because knows I don’t have much energy she’ll let me rest a bit here and there. As of now she’s an only child, so maybe that’s part of it.

Is this a sign of something? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Molly Weasley  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:00 pm
She's an only child. That's probably it. She'll grow out of it

I'm sure the Red Flag Brigade has something else to say.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:01 pm
That's so cute!
She wants his attention!

amother
Daffodil  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:03 pm
This is all my kids. Starting at about 6 months.

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:04 pm
It is so so normal at that age, especially if dad is around less then mom.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:06 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
She's an only child. That's probably it. She'll grow out of it

I'm sure the Red Flag Brigade has something else to say.

This has nothing to do with being an only child. Ive seen mids attached like this eho sre numbdr 2, number 4, number etc.
Its a personality thing. Thats all.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:07 pm
I have the opposite with my 2 yo (also only child for now). Everything is Mommy Mommy Mommy. Only Mommy apparently can change diapers, give baths, read a book or cut open a freeze pop.

It's a little bit flattering and also a lotta bit draining. And my husband is a very hands on loving father so I'm not sure why he prefers me so much over him.

amother
Bone

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:18 pm
My cousin had a few like that. Don't read into it. Bh all are wonderful well adjusted adults. Just let her get the love she is looking for.

Molly Weasley  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:30 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
This has nothing to do with being an only child. Ive seen mids attached like this eho sre numbdr 2, number 4, number etc.
Its a personality thing. Thats all.

That was my experience ❤️

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 12:38 pm
Very normal according to psychoanalysis. Read a little about the oedipus complex. It's a developmental thing.

Deep Blue

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 1:21 pm
Be grateful! It's nice for you to get a break once he gets home, and I'm sure she goes to sleep before too long. My kids only let me help them, even though he would love to help me and them. It's a constant stuggle and makes everyone feel bad.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 1:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wanted to know if anyone else’s 2 year old dd is very attached to her father to the point where he can’t eat his meals in peace. As soon as he comes home she clings to him, wanting to be entertained.

She’s somewhat attached to me as well but I think because knows I don’t have much energy she’ll let me rest a bit here and there. As of now she’s an only child, so maybe that’s part of it.

Is this a sign of something? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nope all my kids went through this stage at 2. My husband used to request for me to take them downstairs so he could eat something in peace when he came home and then he would come to them afterwards.
They all grew out of it but definitely still love him!

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 1:43 pm
My almost 2 year old is like this. She's the fourth so it's not an only child. All my kids went through a mild stage like this but she is extremely attached. I think it's adorable and I hope it lasts as long as it can.

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 1:48 pm
My first few kids were very attached to dh, bothered me so much. Well jokes on me, baby number 4 is my shadow and I miss the days of them being attached to dh!

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 1:53 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
I have the opposite with my 2 yo (also only child for now). Everything is Mommy Mommy Mommy. Only Mommy apparently can change diapers, give baths, read a book or cut open a freeze pop.

It's a little bit flattering and also a lotta bit draining. And my husband is a very hands on loving father so I'm not sure why he prefers me so much over him.

I only have one boy and a lot of girls but I feel like boys really love their mommies.

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 2:05 pm
She’s a daddy’s girl.

My daughter is too. When my husband is around, I am no longer relevant. I can get lost for all she cares. I find it really touching and special. Especially considering I had a strained relationship with my own father as a kid.

amother
  Daffodil

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 4:02 pm
I don't know what it is about me and DH but every one of my babies and toddlers, boys and girls alike, oldest and youngest and all in between, are very very very attached to him. As babies they will stop nursing when they hear him and not want to eat again, they'd rather he hold them. Some of them would wake up in the middle of the night and my presence would not be able to console them, only he could.

If he needs to daven or learn or eat he has to drop them off near me and run away ASAP because if he is visible there is no chance they'll let me hold them.

They learned to like me also as they got older...

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 4:33 pm
Most of my kids were same. Dh loves babies and spoils them, whereas I do the not fun stuff like bedtime, diapers, dropping off at babysitter. (Ofc dh picks them up, so they see him as the rescuer)

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 12:33 pm
My 2 year old son is just like this. Loves dh so much, I'm like chopped liver when he's around! Sometimes I mind it, because I wonder if it's because I don't have as much energy as dh for him, but really I think it's adorable. I hope they'll always have such a loving and close relationship.

familyfirst

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 1:02 pm
The red flag brigade!

Love it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics