amother
OP  

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 11:38 pm
Help me out here are a few criteria:

For 7 year old boy
Skinny/slim leg
Adjustable waist or possibly husky waist
Pants that won’t get a hole in the first wear
Pants that have a snap closure (no button or the thing that slides in)

Ideally not more than $12 a pair but if it’s something that will last a long time I will spend up to $15.

Need for weekday and shabbos please post any appropriate links. Thanks

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:48 am
Bump

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:52 am
You will probably have to adjust some of your requirements if you are firm on that price

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:57 am
amother Jean wrote:
You will probably have to adjust some of your requirements if you are firm on that price

Ugh we need at least 7 pairs for weekday and 3 for shabbos. They are so expensive as it is.
And ds is not a big guy but has a bit of a distended belly due to constipation. So it’s so complicated.

Success10  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:57 am
H&M has good pants with a snap closure.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:58 am
Success10 wrote:
H&M has good pants with a snap closure.

Thanks!! Link?

Success10

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 6:58 am
For the price, Children's Place 5 packs are your best bet. But not snap closure.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:01 am
Success10 wrote:
For the price, Children's Place 5 packs are your best bet. But not snap closure.

Thanks. I’ve got the stretch ones and find they rip in 2/3 wears. But those are pull on so they work for us.
DS doesn’t have the coordination to open a button as quickly as is needed when he goes so it’s gotta be something easy.thanks for the suggestion though

amother
Brickred  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:03 am
Children's place uniform girls ponte kegging for shabos or ir you want weekday also

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:07 am
amother Brickred wrote:
Children's place uniform girls ponte kegging for shabos or ir you want weekday also

So that’s what we got but they rip so so quickly

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:10 am
next.us

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:17 am
At this age you aren’t going to find rip proof pants they are on their knees and climbing much of the day. I too have 7 yr old skinny boy. I buy girls target black skinny jeans. I find they last a decent amount of times. In regard to Shabbos pants they are much more delicate. Maybe have a separate pair for Shabbos afternoon and going to shul/eating meal. That’s what I do with all my boys.

amother
  Brickred

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 8:26 am
They rip if you are only spending that amount...if you spend 25 they might last longer ....lil legs weekday pants r grt

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 8:27 am
amother Brickred wrote:
They rip if you are only spending that amount...if you spend 25 they might last longer ....lil legs weekday pants r grt

I don’t know, I bought TO stretch shabbos pants and they lasted 3 wears. They fit great but I can’t spend that kind of money for something disposable. Are little legs more durable?

I have been getting these but they’re out of stock https://www.target.com/p/girls.....1433. They fit well though and cat and jack has a guarantee on rips

rsb

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:02 am
Check out H&M skinny black jeans for weekday I think they are like 12.99 but often there is a coupon code they have the buttons in the waist

amother
Nectarine

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:12 am
I have a bunch of boys and find that some kids rip their pants more than others, even in the same pants. It could be he is playing on his knees more or playing hard outdoors. Also the fit by the knee could be affecting the wear. They usually outgrow ripping knees, but could be a few years.

Your best bet would be black wash jeans, if school allows. The are thicker fabric that is made to last longer. They don't look like jeans, but some schools only allow chinos.

Check hm, old navy, gap, target boys and girls sections. Some girl sections have "plus" category, if you need a bigger waist. You'll find plenty of options to try and easy returns.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 11:42 am
My son wears the cat and jack uniform pants with adjustable waist, skinny leg and doesn't deal with the button, he just pulls it on and off...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics