Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
AMARETTI AND DARK CHOCOLATE ROASTED PEACHES

Amarante

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 12:07 pm
I had a surfeit of ripe peaches so I used this recipe - excellent and very easy.

I used Miyokos Baking Butter so it was pareve but it would be delicious as a basis for ice cream as suggested.

AMARETTI AND DARK CHOCOLATE ROASTED PEACHES

Excerpt From: Sophie Hansen - A Basket by the Door

I absolutely love serving these peaches for dessert with vanilla ice cream or cream, and they’re pretty much the only dish I make or take to dinner parties on hot summer nights. One or two chilled peaches with some Greek-style yoghurt also makes a fabulous breakfast or brunch.

SERVES 4–6

80 g (2¾ oz) unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, plus extra for greasing
6 ripe yellow peaches
6 amaretti biscuits
½ cup (75 g) finely chopped dark chocolate
¼ cup (45 g) soft brown sugar
1 cup (250 ml) rosé or light white wine

Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Rub a large ovenproof dish with a little butter.

Halve the peaches and remove the stones. Using a small, sharp knife, cut into and around the cavity left by each stone to make it a little bigger. Put the peach halves in the dish, cut side up.

Crush the amaretti biscuits into a small bowl. Mix in the chocolate, butter and brown sugar. Divide the mixture among the peach halves, stuffing as much as possible into each cavity. Drizzle with the wine and bake for 35 minutes or until the the peaches are soft but haven’t completely collapsed.

These peaches are equally good chilled, at room temperature or served hot straight from the oven.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics