Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Unique Niagara Falls experiences

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 3:13 pm
We're going to be in Niagara falls next week iyh. Besides for the typical attractions, what are some unique, adventurous things we can do? Bonus points if it's not expensive!

amother
Dandelion  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:41 pm
Canadian Side

If you want to leave the crowds, we had a great time at Niagara Go-Karts, 10 min drive from the falls (otherwise there is smaller closer Niagara Speedway).

CC Swirls is a small little ice cream shop we found right in the main-ish area that has kosher dairy list from hashgacha (chalav stam).

Niagara Botanical Gardens is beautiful with horse & buggy rides, but I don't know if they have the buggies all seasons.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:08 pm
Thanks. Any other suggestions?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:11 pm
This is not unique, but cave of the winds on the American side is a must do.

amother
Fern  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:22 pm
There’s also cave of the winds on the Canadian side. Get discounted tickets to everything from Chabad. For the Canadian side.

amother
  Dandelion  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:28 pm
amother Fern wrote:
There’s also cave of the winds on the Canadian side. Get discounted tickets to everything from Chabad. For the Canadian side.

I didn't find it worthwhile to get the packages from chabad. They each had places included that we weren't interested in, and so we chose to make our own itinerary.

If you're going to all the places listed anyway, then yes the package is cheaper and worthwhile.

proudmomma  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:48 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
I didn't find it worthwhile to get the packages from chabad. They each had places included that we weren't interested in, and so we chose to make our own itinerary.

If you're going to all the places listed anyway, then yes the package is cheaper and worthwhile.

Do you know what packages they offer?
There isn't any info on their website.
Thanks!

amother
  Fern

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:54 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:

You can buy tickets not in a package. Still discounted. We didn’t get any packages and we got cave of the winds, maid of the mist (Canadian side), the thing you go up and walk around, imax, don’t remember what else. And if you’re parking - make sure to choose to pay in Canadian dollars. It’s the same $20 but $20 American is more than $20 Canadian.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 7:06 pm
chabad of niagara visitors site:
https://www.jewishniagarafalls.com/

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 12:49 pm
Any other suggestions? We know about the boat rides, cave of the winds etc. What is something unique and fun?

patzer

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 1:07 pm
The "maid of the mist" is a must-do. If you're only going to do one thing, this should be it. Definitely.
If you enjoy nature, definitely also do the "white water walk" on the Canadian side. Seeing such powerful rapids up close is awe-inspiring.
Another unique experience is walking across the Rainbow Bridge. Not only are the views from the bridge beautiful, how often do you have the opportunity to walk from one country to another? You'll have to have your passports with you, and you'll go through a formal border-crossing: showing your passport and being questioned and/or photographed, just as when entering any country.
Are you adventurous? The whirlpool jet boat tour might appeal to you. I did that and it was great fun.
There's also the zipline - I've never done that (too scary!) but it's apparently very popular.

proudmomma

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 1:10 pm
Bump
Anything new on Clifton Hill?

amother
  Dandelion

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 3:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Any other suggestions? We know about the boat rides, cave of the winds etc. What is something unique and fun?

Lol I thought you said unique.
Maid of the Mist/Hornblower is amazing and fun. An absolute DO NOT MISS.
Journey Behind the Falls is great.
Whirlpool Aero Car.
Falls Incline Railway.

These are not unique because everybody wants to experience them.
That's why these suggestions weren't posted. You asked for something different. But they are awesome.

amother OP wrote:
We're going to be in Niagara falls next week iyh. Besides for the typical attractions, what are some unique, adventurous things we can do? Bonus points if it's not expensive!

For adventurous you may want to try the Whirlpool Aero Car above the falls. Check out on YouTube.

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 3:15 pm
It’s possibly further than you want to go, but the Rochester Children’s museum is fantastic. About an hour and fifteen minutes from the US side of the falls I believe.

amother
Maize

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 3:21 pm
amother Fern wrote:

Do you mean journey behind the falls? Cave of the winds is only on the American side.

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 3:28 pm
We drove about an hour towards the Toronto area to a very nice sefari. They have a small Waterpark on site.
African Lion Safari.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 10:56 pm
Anyone know if there is any free parking in Niagara on the Canadian side? Our check-in time is 3pm and we want to spend the day there before we check in but not pay for parking… anyone have any experience?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics