Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Baby sick last night, now so am I

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 9:33 am
My baby was up half the night last night because she wasn’t feeling well. I was up for hours comforting her, and I’m not feeling well just from that + catching her cold. I’m not a good faster at all and I have to take care of her and my active active 2 year old who needs constant attention. My husband won’t be home for hours. I seriously need help.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 9:37 am
amother OP wrote:
My baby was up half the night last night because she wasn’t feeling well. I was up for hours comforting her, and I’m not feeling well just from that + catching her cold. I’m not a good faster at all and I have to take care of her and my active active 2 year old who needs constant attention. My husband won’t be home for hours. I seriously need help.

Please call your rav ask if you can break your fast and if he says no then call your husband home

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 9:40 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Please call your rav ask if you can break your fast and if he says no then call your husband home

Yes this.
So sorry. Hugs

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 9:54 am
I remember taking an advil in middle with a little baby.

Call the LOR

amother
Mint  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 9:55 am
amother OP wrote:

Please ask a shailah asap if you should immediately break your fast. A choleh is not obligated to fast on tisha b'av, and in this case I would venture to say it may be a MITZVAH for you to eat to take care of your two children. If for some reason the rav says you must still fast, your husband should OF COURSE come home IMMEDIATELY, not even a question!!! Hashem doesn't want him in shul if he has a sick fasting wife and two children at home. I do think the rav will likely tell you to break your fast but maybe if you're not that sick he'll say to try. In that case, call your husband and tell him to come home and if he won't listen to you have the rav get someone in shul to go up to him and tell him to go home.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 10:09 am
DH came home early because he knew I was probably having a rough morning. Yay for him! Just curious, do all of your husbands take their phones to shul? I would never be able to get through to him. The only way would be to walk into shul myself, which would entail packing up both kiddos into the car, getting dressed and literally walking in the door, which I have 0 strength for.

amother
  Mint

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 10:21 am
amother OP wrote:
DH came home early because he knew I was probably having a rough morning. Yay for him! Just curious, do all of your husbands take their phones to shul? I would never be able to get through to him. The only way would be to walk into shul myself, which would entail packing up both kiddos into the car, getting dressed and literally walking in the door, which I have 0 strength for.

For today I specifically asked dh to take his phone to shul and have it on vibrate.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 10:29 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:
I remember taking an advil in middle with a little baby.

Call the LOR

Dry swallowing Advil is not even a shayla according to my Rav. You're not eating anything and if you're not taking it with water then there's for sure no issue.

I'm only fasting till chatzos, baby had a hard night and I have a bad cold. Might try to push it a bit longer but I'm not aiming to reach a breaking point.

And yes, my husband usually has his phone on him in shul.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 10:31 am
My husband always has his phone with him in shul unless it’s Shabbos or Yom tov. He’s a father, he needs to be reachable at all times.

I’m really glad your husband came home. Halacha is clear about a husband leaving shul if his wife needs his help in order to keep fasting. A newborn and a toddler, plus you and the baby sick? He shouldn’t spend a second in shul today.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note