Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Where do I start with night training 5yo DD?

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 3:38 pm
How do I start the process of night training DD? I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for it to happen naturally, and it still hasn't - not even close! She's been trained by day since she was less than 2.5yo (after begging for months and she was done in a couple of days).
AFAIK, this isn't an issue in my or DH's families.
And do I bother doing 3yo DS at the same time?

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 4:53 am
Bump

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 5:17 am
This is funny. My 4yo ds and my 5yo dd both wore daipers at night until a few months ago. Then one night my son refused to put one and low and behold he was dry! Once my daughter saw that he could do it, she suddenly did it too Very Happy BH!
Maybe try no diaper for a night or 2...?
I also liked the method from this lady for training in general, see if it resonates with you:
https://www.ohcrappottytrainin.....ining
In the book she goes into detail about how to wake up with kids in middle of the night to use the bathroom...

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 6:57 am
amother Indigo wrote:
This is funny. My 4yo ds and my 5yo dd both wore daipers at night until a few months ago. Then one night my son refused to put one and low and behold he was dry! Once my daughter saw that he could do it, she suddenly did it too Very Happy BH!
Maybe try no diaper for a night or 2...?
I also liked the method from this lady for training in general, see if it resonates with you:
https://www.ohcrappottytrainin.....ining
In the book she goes into detail about how to wake up with kids in middle of the night to use the bathroom...

Same about a kid waking up wet in a pull up every night and then deciding to wear underwear and it's been 3 months and she only had one or two accidents and usually was because she drank a lot right before bed and also forgot to go to the bathroom before. She's 4.5.

I have had issues with kids and bedwetting on occasion and I tried a lot of methods and the only thing that really worked was waiting it out. It's more typical with boys and my son did not want to wear anything so I just put a mattress cover on his bed and if he what his bed I would wash the linen and that would be it. But it wasn't every single night and he basically outgrew it completely by the time he was 9.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:07 am
Is she wet most nights still or dry? Some children just aren't ready for a while. There is a reason the store sells night underwear through big kid. Most children by 8 are trained. If your child is still wet most nights and you have tried cutting out fluids close to bed and having her use the bathroom right before then she might not be physically ready. It could be a muscle weakness or it could be the hormones just haven't developed yet. If she is mostly dry at night then you can try using alarms or waking her up in middle. Also make sure she is getting enough sleep. A very tired child is less likely to be able to wake up to urinate. One of my children was dry at night by 2. Before I even day trained. She also was a good sleeper. I do think there is a connection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training