Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Teacher's gift : stupid or cute?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 6:28 am
Okay, so I'm debating whether my idea is stupid, or will bring some smiles, and I decided to ask you ladies.
I know I'll get a range of responses, still, I'm interested in hearing your opinions.
My 4 yr old, super energetic, adorable, personality plus child, has the sweetest Morahs. They ( tell me, and I believe them Wink ) love her,and are always smiling and enthusiastic about her.
I would love to tip them super generously, but I literally can't ( don't think they'll want me to starve this week). I did participate in a class gift today, and tipped them Purim time.

I want to give them each a nice bar of chocolate, and a heartfelt note.
I also bought adorable stress balls, which I would write a cute note to ( enjoy a "stress"-free summer, dd had a "ball" in your class...). Would those be cheap?
Skip? Shame on you Or Yes? Bounce
They are all around 20 years old, 1 out of the 4 is married, in case it matters.

teachkids

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 6:48 am
I think if that was the only thing it would be eh, but when added to the note and chocolate it's a cute addition to the real gift (chocolate)

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 7:03 am
Any show of appreciation is not stupid.
If this is what you can afford do it. It's cute!

DVOM

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 7:10 am
I vote cute.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 7:20 am
Very sweet. Will bring a smile to their face and feel appreciated.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 7:51 am
Thanks Imamothers, you're the best Very Happy

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 7:59 am
Cute. And yes nice addition. Put in mesh bag. Or tie with tulle ribbon.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:03 am
Cute.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:27 am
Make sure you include a heartfelt not, not an impressive poem. I imagine this is a first job for them and they are also looking for husbands. Tell them how amazing you think they are and your you would be thrilled to sing their praises if you have the opportunity to be a professional or personal reference for them. If you know an appropriate for them young man, redt (or have it redt by a professional) the shidduch.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:01 am
I put small mirror from Amazon into their thank you envelopes and wrote "open to see who ...." (does centers, gives me prizes, etc I asked my kids their favorite thing about morah)

amother
Midnight  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:40 am
Cute.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:03 am
amother Garnet wrote:
Make sure you include a heartfelt not, not an impressive poem. I imagine this is a first job for them and they are also looking for husbands. Tell them how amazing you think they are and your you would be thrilled to sing their praises if you have the opportunity to be a professional or personal reference for them. If you know an appropriate for them young man, redt (or have it redt by a professional) the shidduch.

A note is appropriate. It doesn't have to be a poem.
False rhyme, awkward scanning and badly aligned phrases just to give an impression of a poem don't add anything to a gift.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:14 am
As a teacher I think that's cute and I would appreciate such a gift. As others have said a simple note is sufficient to accompany.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 9:35 am
Update: I gave the squish balls, along with a bar of chocolate, and a nice letter.
All her teachers were smiling and thanking me at the end of the day. They said that it was the best gift, and they had all played with it already Very Happy
Thanks for the encouragement. I think it was a great idea after all Very Happy

amother
Denim  

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 9:51 am
I vote really stupid. Rather than those chatzkas that no one wants give them $5 with a note that says thank you so much for your hard work etc.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 9:58 am
amother Denim wrote:
I vote really stupid. Rather than those chatzkas that no one wants give them $5 with a note that says thank you so much for your hard work etc.

Read the OP's update! Sounds like all the teachers appreciated it (and she did include a note)!

I would too

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 11:05 am
You can never go wrong with a gift that includes chocolate!

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:34 pm
amother Denim wrote:

Go easy on her!
There's a nicer way to voice your opinion. (Especially when you responded after OP wrote about the positive response she got from teachers).

amother
  Denim

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:37 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Go easy on her!
There's a nicer way to voice your opinion. (Especially when you responded after OP wrote about the positive response she got from teachers).

To be fair I typed my response before I saw her update. I would not have said that if I thought it was too late. Plus she asked for opinions was just giving my honest opinion. Happy it worked out for her

amother
  Midnight

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:40 pm
amother Denim wrote:

I totally disagree with you. I was a teacher at one point and was kind of looking forward to some cute teacher chatchkes on Purim, like a keychain, a mug, etc… just for the idea. In the end I got 25 white envelopes accompanied with 25 bars of chocolate. It was appreciated, but nonetheless b.o.r.I.n.g.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children