Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving within Israel- what to do?

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 7:26 am
When moving out of an apartment, what needs to be done regarding utility bills, arnona etc? Do we need to check meters before moving out?

When moving into a new apartment, what needs to be arranged so that we have electricity, water, gas etc. Is this taken care of by the landlord?

A bit clueless here.

shabbatiscoming  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 7:31 am
When moving into a new place, find out from the previous tenant what was done. Call the electric, water, gas etc companies and tell them you are new tenants and see what they say. Many times they need proof of new tenants.

When you move out, we would call the companies and let them know so they would shut things off so that nothing would be left, accidently, in our name. That happened once and we got a very large bill a few months later. We fixed that really fast.

zebra111

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:42 am
Take pictures of the metres in ur old place when u leave, and in ur new place when u arrive as well!!

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:05 am
Do I need to connect the utilities at the new apartment or is this the owner's responsibility to do before I move in?

essie14  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:22 am
amother OP wrote:
Do I need to connect the utilities at the new apartment or is this the owner's responsibility to do before I move in?

Tenants responsibility.
Make sure in triplicate that all utilities especially arnona, are taken off your name in the old apartment
We once got stuck with a HUGE arnona bill because the apartment was left vacant and the owner'd lawyer never transferred the arnona when she said she did.
We had literally no recourse. It was a very expensive lesson to learn.
Get confirmation of every single utility and keep your lease which shows end date and all the confirmations. Forever.

In the new apartment you just take everything over from the old tenant. Or from the owner if it's new construction.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:32 am
zebra111 wrote:
Take pictures of the metres in ur old place when u leave, and in ur new place when u arrive as well!!

which meters do I need to check?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:36 am
It's in your interest to make sure all utilities are transferred to be in your name.
If there's is an unpaid bill one won't be able to transfer to another tenant or another name.
If there's is a phone landline you need to deal with it too.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:36 am
amother OP wrote:

Almost nothing is the landlords responsibility here.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:06 am
zebra111 wrote:

which meters do I need to record and how do I know that I will only be paying for the time that I was in each apartment?

Brit in Israel

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:11 am
amother OP wrote:
which meters do I need to record and how do I know that I will only be paying for the time that I was in each apartment?

Water, electricity and gas.
Call up each company and tell them you moved out today, the meter is reading xyz please can you pay until that point and remove your name from the account.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 1:26 am
essie14 wrote:
Tenants responsibility.
Make sure in triplicate that all utilities especially arnona, are taken off your name in the old apartment
We once got stuck with a HUGE arnona bill because the apartment was left vacant and the owner'd lawyer never transferred the arnona when she said she did.
We had literally no recourse. It was a very expensive lesson to learn.
Get confirmation of every single utility and keep your lease which shows end date and all the confirmations. Forever.

In the new apartment you just take everything over from the old tenant. Or from the owner if it's new construction.

How do I take my name off the arnona?

essie14  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 1:30 am
amother OP wrote:
How do I take my name off the arnona?

Is there someone moving in after you?
If yes, they must take over the arnona. Make sure they send you the proof.
If not, the owner needs to take it over. Same thing, make sure you get proof.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 1:35 am
essie14 wrote:
Is there someone moving in after you?
If yes, they must take over the arnona. Make sure they send you the proof.
If not, the owner needs to take it over. Same thing, make sure you get proof.

I am not able to work with the new tenants or the owners because they are extremely difficult. Can I do this without their involvement?

Green Tea  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 1:53 am
For arnona and I think also water - You need to register in the local moatza of your new area after you move, unless the new apartment is in the same township.

Green Tea

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 1:54 am
amother OP wrote:
I am not able to work with the new tenants or the owners because they are extremely difficult. Can I do this without their involvement?

Try going to the local moatza and tell them you’re moving to take it off your name and then ask them to give you some sort of record of it

Last edited by Green Tea on Mon, Aug 12 2024, 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

essie14  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 2:01 am
amother OP wrote:

You can try but every time I moved out of an apartment I needed the cooperation of the new tenants and the owner.
Someone has to take over the arnona.
Water and gas and electricity you can shut off. You can't shut off arnona. Someone has to pay it the next month after you move.

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 2:10 am
essie14 wrote:
You can try but every time I moved out of an apartment I needed the cooperation of the new tenants and the owner.
Someone has to take over the arnona.
Water and gas and electricity you can shut off. You can't shut off arnona. Someone has to pay it the next month after you move.

Is it ok for me to put it back on the owner's name?

essie14

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 2:52 am
amother OP wrote:
Is it ok for me to put it back on the owner's name?

You can try doing that at the iriya, but I'm not sure if you can put Arnona in someone else's name if they are not present. But you can show the iriya that you're moving somewhere new. Bring the lease of both apartments, show that one is ending and that you're moving to the new one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating