Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Train set storage

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:26 am
I have a bunch of little boys and over the years we have accumulated a lot of train sets/set parts. Our toys are pretty organized in cube storage but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to store all the pieces for the train set. Right now it’s all just dumped in a huge cardboard box but it’s really heavy to take off and on the shelf and they also spill out the entire thing looking for a tiny piece and then there are little pieces and trains everywhere. OTOH they do sometimes use allll the pieces and make huge sets so I don’t want to get rid of some… Does anyone have any genius solutions?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 10:08 pm
Bump

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 10:09 pm
plastic container with a good lid/closure?

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 10:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a bunch of little boys and over the years we have accumulated a lot of train sets/set parts. Our toys are pretty organized in cube storage but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to store all the pieces for the train set. Right now it’s all just dumped in a huge cardboard box but it’s really heavy to take off and on the shelf and they also spill out the entire thing looking for a tiny piece and then there are little pieces and trains everywhere. OTOH they do sometimes use allll the pieces and make huge sets so I don’t want to get rid of some… Does anyone have any genius solutions?

Divide the current box into 5 or five smaller boxes according to piece type. Train cars in one box
Tracks in another
Accessories in another. It makes it more exciting too!

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 11:07 pm
amother OP wrote:

I have tracks in a big canvas box and trains/accessories in a plastic container with lid.
Girl only family but I love train sets TMI

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 11:09 pm
All good ideas thank you! Anyone have links to the boxes you described? (I also enjoy it almost as much (or more) as them but the crunching pieces underfoot.. Punch )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics