Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
If you didn’t sleep train…
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 9:50 pm
And you nursed…when did your baby start sleeping through the night?

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 11:16 pm
13 months and still doesn't🙈

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 12:13 am
Anywhere from 6weeks to 3yrs.
Each child was different.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 12:21 am
3.5 and still wakes up to come to my bed….

mindala

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 12:25 am
I sleep trained my baby at 14 months. I still nurse but the waking up every 3 hours part was too much for me already

tweety1

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 12:26 am
Over 3 and the kid just started sleeping through. Kid used to wake up asking to go into dh bed. I always let. Then I decided enough is enough. When the kid woke up I told them that they can't go into dh bed anymore. After about a week the kid started sleeping through.

joonabug

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:22 am
10 month old still doesnt sleep through night Sad

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:31 am
Baby 1 at 12 months when I moved him to his own room.
Baby 2 is now 14 months, in his own room for months already, and still walking up every 3 hours to nurse 🤦‍♀️

Brit in Israel

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 5:24 am
2 +. She 2.7 now and still often comes in my bed.
She was the only one I didn't sleep train as she did it on her own, I noticed she went to sleep at the same time each evening so put her in her crib instead of the stroller which I use for day naps.
Others who were sleep trained slept through from 1-1.5.
Didn't realise the difference till now.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 7:55 am
My kids were waking up multiple times per night to nurse between 12-18 months and I couldn't handle it anymore. So that's when I sleep trained all of them, by having dh go to comfort them instead of me, so nursing was not an option. I won't say none ever woke up at night after that, but it wasn't the consistent every few hours that it had been before. My current baby (over a year) is bottle fed and wakes up multiple times per night anyway, for water or pacifier help or who knows what. I give up!

superwoman  

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 3:36 pm
mindala wrote:
I sleep trained my baby at 14 months. I still nurse but the waking up every 3 hours part was too much for me already

How you do it? Struggling with sleep training my 14mo

Rappel

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 4:38 pm
Moved her to get own room at 11 months. Stopped nursing at 13 months. Had to train her to stay in bed at 2 years old. That's it

superwoman  

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 4:47 pm
Rappel wrote:
Moved her to get own room at 11 months. Stopped nursing at 13 months. Had to train her to stay in bed at 2 years old. That's it

I can't even transfer her sleeping

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 4:52 pm
My mil never sleep trained and her kids all woke up in middle of the night and came into her bed until somewhere between age 3-5.

nicole81

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 5:07 pm
My full nursers, one at 2 weeks if cosleeping and 6 months in the crib, another about 18 months to 2 years. And never in a crib. He slept on a mattress in our room. He finally started sleeping in a bed in room with siblings at 5 lol. He's just a character, I don't think nursing has anything to do with it.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 5:14 pm
It depends on the kid. Most of my kids were sleeping at night by 18 months. By autistic child...until we started medication would only fall asleep when exhausted and always wanted my bed. She often fell asleep outside my door or on the couch. She fell asleep around 10 with lying next to her after she turned 2. She didn't self sooth though. Sleep training was only possible because my kids sucked their thumb. One kid was trained in 3 days at 9 months but she has always been a good sleeper.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 7:48 pm
When I stopped nursing at about 2 years old she stopped waking up. As long as I let her nurse she'd nurse on and off all night. We bedshared.

shapeup613

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:03 pm
Around 9 months old

superwoman

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:04 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
When I stopped nursing at about 2 years old she stopped waking up. As long as I let her nurse she'd nurse on and off all night. We bedshared.

I dont mind the bedsharing but its how she falls asleep. I am stuck in bed basically whenever she is sleeping. She is going to daycare and I am going back to work I need her to fall asleep without being nursed or in stroller. I don't mind the nursing either but I need her to be able to sleep without me

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 8:22 pm
Good luck!! Please report back what worked! I usually nurse my 14 month old one or two times during the night and I am so tired lol
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics