Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Any words of inspiration re the attempted assasination?

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:37 pm
?
A Torah perspective on the Trump shooting.
I have been checking Torah Anytime.
Rabbis Fischel Schachter, Eliezer Ginzberg and Mendel Kessin have spoken about the event.
R Gershon Ribner gave his thoughts on how we are supposed to view the event.
R Yechiel Spero gave a very interesting 3 minute talk on Vayimaen.
Also, I saw a small clip from R Eli Stafanski from Mercaz Daf Yomi.

I'm wondering if anyone else has heard any words of inspiration that were really impactful?

melbee

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:15 pm
My husband shared this thought (he's not home right now so I can't confirm I have it right, but I know the gist): an eved who wants to stay a slave past the amount of time he has, the master pierces his right upper ear to remind him who the master is.

Given that Trump's right ear was pierced in the same way, we can be reminded "yes, sure he'll get a second term [we assume]. But remember who the real Master here is. Always remember who's really running the show".

I don't know if that's what you had in mind, but I'm always inspired by seeing Hashem's hand in things in real time.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:25 pm
melbee wrote:
My husband shared this thought (he's not home right now so I can't confirm I have it right, but I know the gist): an eved who wants to stay a slave past the amount of time he has, the master pierces his right upper ear to remind him who the master is.

Given that Trump's right ear was pierced in the same way, we can be reminded "yes, sure he'll get a second term [we assume]. But remember who the real Master here is. Always remember who's really running the show".

I don't know if that's what you had in mind, but I'm always inspired by seeing Hashem's hand in things in real time.

Hey this is super interesting!

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 3:30 pm
melbee wrote:

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind.
As soon as I heard about the right ear, I kept thinking someone will make a connection with the eved ivri, but I had not heard any connection before this. That was really cool.

I was wondering if there were any shiurim on TorahAnytime that I missed, aside from the ones I listed.

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 3:46 pm
Well right away trump acknowledged G-D saved him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational