Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Need help making a trip to Israel meaningful

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 9:26 am
I will, bezrat Hashem be taking my son who is turning bar mitzvah on a trip to Israel this summer.

I’d like to do some preparation with him before the trip, maybe learning together topics to give him some perspective of the special places we may see. Does anybody have a resource to suggest for me?

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 10:35 am
Open the chumash. There are so many special places there that you can visit today. Granted that Chevron may be dangerous, but there are so many others that are mentioned.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 1:31 pm
Anyone have an itinerary that they have done or specific ideas for me?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 1:33 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Open the chumash. There are so many special places there that you can visit today. Granted that Chevron may be dangerous, but there are so many others that are mentioned.

Chevron is not more dangerous than Tel Aviv or Jerusalem or Bnei Brak. And it's safer than Brooklyn.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:20 pm
If you are specifically looking for inspirational things, there are many tours geared to this - some things not to miss are Kosel tunnels, VR by the Kosel, anything else near/in the old city, Kever Rochel/Chevron tours, etc

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:40 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:

They built a new road that bypasses the villages of our blood thirsty cousins on the way. So it should be safer. Also, there are daily busses going from Jerusalem if you prefer that.

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:46 pm
My brother who lives in Israel went on an old city tour with Simcha Hochbaum and highly recommended it.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:45 am
amother Springgreen wrote:
My brother who lives in Israel went on an old city tour with Simcha Hochbaum and highly recommended it.

thank you all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational