Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Which Website- order from US & ship 2 Israel
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:04 pm
Like amazon
DS is having trouble adjusting in Israel and I want to send him things that he would have wanted to bring but had no room- like slides, more shirts, shampoo…

Dolly151

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 4:04 pm
Maybe try terminalx. Or next. For slides

Superpharm online for shampoo

Green Tea

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 4:20 pm
Redbox

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 4:28 pm
Amazon

Brit in Israel  

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 5:47 pm
Just know majority of parcels are not delivered to location but you get a message or letter to pick it from your local post office.
Make sure if he has a phone with SMS you put his Israeli cell number under the address. If he doesn't have sms DO NOT PUT HIS NUMBER. They will just text him the information he needs and he won't be told by post about where to fetch his parcel.

If you want to see what you can get him from Amazon, just add his address to your account and put that as shipping location, it will show only things they ship to Israel. Some things have free delivery for over approx $49.

Do not do any orders over $75 he will need to pay tax unless it's from within Israel.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:03 am
Brit in Israel wrote:
Just know majority of parcels are not delivered to location but you get a message or letter to pick it from your local post office.
Make sure if he has a phone with SMS you put his Israeli cell number under the address. If he doesn't have sms DO NOT PUT HIS NUMBER. They will just text him the information he needs and he won't be told by post about where to fetch his parcel.

If you want to see what you can get him from Amazon, just add his address to your account and put that as shipping location, it will show only things they ship to Israel. Some things have free delivery for over approx $49.

Do not do any orders over $75 he will need to pay tax unless it's from within Israel.

Do you mean that people don’t get packages delivered to their doors in Israel?

amother
Lightcoral  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:12 am
amother OP wrote:

For packages from overseas, pretty much only amazon delivers to your door or DHL, FedEx, UPS or standard envelopes with paper only, sent by regular postal service.

Any other packages or envelopes from overseas go to a distribution location near your delivery address for you to pick up. You get notified by sms so I don't know what happens if you don't have sms (especially if you don't have internet access to check your package location).

For local packages you generally choose your delivery method at checkout.

And, yes, we manage Smile

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:12 am
amother OP wrote:

With Amazon I don't think so.

amother
  Lightcoral

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:19 am
Also, I don't know what happens when delivering to a dorm even with home delivery. My Amazon packages are generally left at my door. I can't imagine how that works in a yeshiva. Maybe someone else here knows.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:19 am
amother OP wrote:

I get packages delivered to my door allll the time
People are just saying that there is a cheaper option to get it delivered to a service point that you select near you like a shop or post office or locker and you get the information sent to your phone
There is an option to get it delivered to your door with Redbox. Depends on how much you want to spend

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:21 am
amother Geranium wrote:
People are just saying that there is a cheaper option to get it delivered to a service point that you select near you like a shop or post office or locker and you get the information sent to your phone
There is an option to get it delivered to your door with Redbox. Depends on how much you want to spend

Never tried it but my friend told me she paid more for mishloach ad habayit and then she got a message that it was attempted delivery but now its at the post office, same as if she wouldn't have paid extra. she said she has no idea when they tried to deliver because she is home all day. So it might not always work...

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:27 am
amother Geranium wrote:

I almost always get my packages to the door - for iherb which is another great site I pay $4 more for this. One time in all my many many amazon orders that came to my door, I got notification to pick up one order at a candy store… I think it’s was a crazy rainy week and the delivery guy got lazy.

Brit in Israel

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:30 am
It depends on who is shipping. It use to be Israel post was the only shipping company but know there is competition.
Amazon is supposed to be to the home but recently have been really bad. My last few I have had to fetch from stores or post office even though it had said by check out home delivery.

Elfrida  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:31 am
Amazon orders come to the door for no extra charge. The shaliach normally calls, and if I'm not home, I'll tell him to leave it outside the door.

They give an option to choose a delivery point from which you can collect it. If so eone isn't home during the day, and doesn't want it left by the front door that's a good option.

I would imagine that in yeshiva or seminaries, it would be delivered to the front office.

OP, it's important to know that amazon deliveries normally take two to three weeks. If he wants something immediately, you need to pay for express delivery, in which case it normally arrives within a week or so. This is probably the last week you can order from amazon and count on it arriving before Rosh HaShana. Once we're into the chagim, delivery times are longer, since there aren't so many working days.

Or, of course, you can order locally.

DrMom  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:32 am
Whenever I order from Amazon, I get an SMS and an email informing me when the package has arrived in Israel, and I get another email/SMS from whichever company is delivering the package asking me to choose my delivery point.

I can choose to have it delivered to my door, or at any of a variety a local makolets, minimarkets, or local stores.

It's a handy option when I don't know if I will be home when the package arrives, as I live in an apartment and the delivery service may not be able to get it to my front door.

grace413

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:34 am
All my Amazon packages are delivered directly to my door.

DrMom  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 4:35 am
amother OP wrote:
Like amazon
DS is having trouble adjusting in Israel and I want to send him things that he would have wanted to bring but had no room- like slides, more shirts, shampoo

Also, he can buy these things here.

Shampoo is by far the easiest -- I assume he has access to a supermarket, makolet, SuperPharm, etc??

essie14  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 5:35 am
My Amazon packages get delivered to my door but my nephews in yeshiva get their stuff delivered to me because they have had issues with deliveries to their dorms.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:19 am
You can use Shipito, but the shipping costs money. They are good though

essie14  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 7:21 am
DrMom wrote:
Also, he can buy these things here.

Shampoo is by far the easiest -- I assume he has access to a supermarket, makolet, SuperPharm, etc??

Agreed
OP, does he have your CC?
He can buy any shampoo he likes (what boys are so picky about shampoo?) at SuperPharm or any makolet.
They sell slides in every shoe store. Tell him to take a walk on Rechov Yaffo or go to Malcha Mall or Hadar Mall. Plenty of shoe stores.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions