Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Feeling used

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 1:23 pm
Bh we have a beautiful summer home and host guests often and we really enjoy it. This shabbos someone asked to come (normally I do the inviting) and even though I was a little uneasy because I knew they really wanted to go somewhere else but their plans fell through I said yes and figured it would be enjoyable. It was anything but. They made it so obvious that they did not want to be by me and now I just feel used and like a schmuck.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 1:37 pm
I’m sorry. That sucks! Bedsides for being uncomfortable for you they took advantage.

Super disrespectful to you.

I hope you will never have to host them again.

ittsamother

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 1:39 pm
Wow, that's aggravating. And super unmannerly on their part. They should have appreciated your generosity and at the very least been pleasant guests. When one person hosts another, they each have a role to play, and they failed theirs.
I can hear where you're coming from.

BaltoMom65

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 1:48 pm
I'm so sorry. Just remember that you did the right thing and did it with graciousness!! Still stings though

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Bh we have a beautiful summer home and host guests often and we really enjoy it. This shabbos someone asked to come (normally I do the inviting) and even though I was a little uneasy because I knew they really wanted to go somewhere else but their plans fell through I said yes and figured it would be enjoyable. It was anything but. They made it so obvious that they did not want to be by me and now I just feel used and like a schmuck.

Live and learn. You did a Mitzvah hosting them, you don’t have to do it again. No need to dwell on it any longer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics