Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
ASD highly functioning ADHD tween

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:09 pm
Does anyone have a girl that is high functioning asd with adhd that's in the tween stage? I have paid so much money for social skills therapy, OT, Speech etc. and now we're in this stage where she refuses to go to anyone or learn something that will help her.
She is irritable, goes from 0-60 in a two seconds, freaks out when frustrated, cries at the drop of a hat and is very jealous of her siblings. Things have to be fair (cue the crying and freaking out/tantruming when they are not).
What has worked for you to get through these years, to help her so that she handles life a little better?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:55 pm
Homeopathy and LDN

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:59 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Homeopathy and LDN

Who would you recommend for homeopathy? I never know who to trust. What's ldn?

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 12:48 am
At that age we did ABA and tweaked meds a lot. For medical reasons we stopped her period with the depo shot until after her second colon surgery and I think that helped get her through those years too. Now she's 17, loves her summer job, does ok in school, and has friends but ugh those tween years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)