Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Inattentive adhd and driving

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 2:29 pm
My 17 year old son with inattentive adhd will need to start the process of getting a permit and learning to drive. He himself is nervous because he knows he isn't sure he can be dialed in enough. He is on meds and that helps tremendously but still...he is the type of kid who literally doesn't know the way from home to school 15 minutes away (a route he has taken for years) because he never paid attention long enough to process it. Driving takes a lot of focus and concentration from the directions to distractions to being tuned in to surroundings.
How have others with adhd handled driving either for themselves or their children? Any tips and tricks?

scruffy

Post Thu, Aug 01 2024, 2:33 pm
I have inattentive ADHD and am a good driver (I think). It just took me a lot of time to get there. He needs a lot of practice (less about the road test and more about real life)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)