Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Urgent - private ob/gyn
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:50 am
Is there a private ob/gyn that gives discounted rates?
A very close family member needs a d&c and insurance won't cover it (complicated situation with visa - the birth would have been covered but at this point they weren't covered yet for pregnancy)

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:55 am
Maybe ask the doctor how much it costs out of pocket. If it's truly necessary you might be surprised to find it's not as expensive as you fear.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:04 am
amother Garnet wrote:
Maybe ask the doctor how much it costs out of pocket. If it's truly necessary you might be surprised to find it's not as expensive as you fear.

The dr she's using won't do it out of pocket but said the cost is 12k, another said the next appt is in 2 months, which is crazy.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:07 am
amother OP wrote:
A very close family member needs a d&c and insurance won't cover it (complicated situation with visa - the birth would have been covered but at this point they weren't covered yet for pregnancy)

Please let her reach out to knafayim.
They can guide her & help her out
Hatzlocha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:18 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
Please let her reach out to knafayim.
They can guide her & help her out
Hatzlocha!

Thank you so much, is this for Israel also?

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:28 am
I saw dr grusaro privately when the wait with meuchedet was too long.

Also I don't know if Dr Baruch is still working and I never actually met him but our rav made us call him when we had a complicated shaileh and based on that phone call I would 1000% recommend him especially for a sensitive situation like this.

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:31 am
amother Celeste wrote:
I saw dr grusaro privately when the wait with meuchedet was too long.

Also I don't know if Dr Baruch is still working and I never actually met him but our rav made us call him when we had a complicated shaileh and based on that phone call I would 1000% recommend him especially for a sensitive situation like this.

Dr. Shaul Baruch? He works privately in Beit Shemesh.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:34 am
Rabbi Melber of Tahareinu would know and may also be able to help with the kupah and coverage

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:17 am
Thank you so much for all you replies. We will try to contact Dr. Gusaro. Tahareinu referred the doctor that didn't have an appointment...

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:28 am
Isn't a d and c in a hospital? A surgeon does it not a doctor, no?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:29 am
I'd call chaim vChesed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:43 am
LovesHashem wrote:
I'd call chaim vChesed.

Thank you, they have been really helpful

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:47 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Isn't a d and c in a hospital? A surgeon does it not a doctor, no?

It's a procedure as opposed to a surgery, not sure if it can be done out of hospital, first need a doctor who is available asap

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:49 am
amother OP wrote:
It's a procedure as opposed to a surgery, not sure if it can be done out of hospital, first need a doctor who is available asap

Dr Herman Weiss in RBS is probably available immediately. He's an amazing private doctor.

It's a procedure like getting your tonsils out. Pretty routine but it is under anethesia so I can't imagine how it can be done in a private doctors office.

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:13 am
amother OP wrote:
A very close family member needs a d&c and insurance won't cover it (complicated situation with visa - the birth would have been vqcovered but at this point they weren't covered yet for pregnancy)

Are you sure it has to be a d&c? Sometimes they have easier ways without anesthesia etc. Not complicated. Im assuming that will be cheaper. Also what part of the country? someone I know who is without insurance saw Dr Herman weiss in ramat beit shemesh. He was very good.

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much, is this for Israel also?

Knafayim has an Israel branch, you can Google their number or call the American branch and ask how to reach the Israel branch.
Good luck and refuah shelema.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:10 am
theoneandonly wrote:
Knafayim has an Israel branch, you can Google their number or call the American branch and ask how to reach the Israel branch.
Good luck and refuah shelema.

Thank you, reached out, no reply yet

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 11:11 am
amother Chambray wrote:
Are you sure it has to be a d&c? Sometimes they have easier ways without anesthesia etc. Not complicated. Im assuming that will be cheaper. Also what part of the country? someone I know who is without insurance saw Dr Herman weiss in ramat beit shemesh. He was very good.

Unfortunately it's the only option.
Thank you,
Do you have his contact number?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:43 am
I used Dr. Baruch years ago for regular pregnancies. He is excellent

someone

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:41 am
You can call Machon Puah, they have an English speaking department and they probably have experience with this kind of thing, or would be able to put you in touch with people who do.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions