Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is your bedroom messier than the rest of the house?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:25 pm
Or am I the only one?! My house is (generally) neat and clean, obviously there's messy times but it's important to me, but my room.. huge mess, never seem to have the time to properly clean it, I like to have nice bedding and furniture etc but I wish it had the priority of the dining room etc..
I guess I'm looking for tips if anyone else has this downpat or if you can relate and tell me what works for you? I hate going to sleep every night in messy room but at that point just too tired to clean it...

amother
Hydrangea  

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:32 pm
Yes!! Mine too..
I usually clean it up on Friday for shabbos but it doesn’t last long. This week we had a hectic Friday so didn’t even get to clean it up for shabbos Sad
Would also love tips
Truthfully probably the main tip is just to put away everything you take out……right away

613mitzvahgirl  

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:34 pm
Hi Gitte Vacht..
I’m answer to your questions.. we make our beds every morning.. I dust the furniture in our room twice a week along with the Venetian blinds.. I change and wash our linens once a week.. I vacuum our room once a week.. we put our clothes in the hamper after every time we change.. I open the windows every morning for fresh air.. we also have plug-ins with a nice scent that keeps the room alive.. I know it’s not the best, but it keeps my mind sane.. we don’t have chairs or ottomans or a couch in our room so this way there are no dumping areas if you know what I mean.. snd my husband and I can’t stand messes do this helps with clutter..
wishing you Hatzlocha and a beautiful week

TheCoolMom

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:36 pm
I’m the opposite. My house can be upside down and a complete disaster but I need my room to be neat. It’s the one space in my home that we can escape the chaos.
We also don’t let any kids into our room which is helpful.

amother
  Hydrangea

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:36 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Hi Gitte Vacht..
I’m answer to your questions.. we make our beds every morning.. I dust the furniture in our room twice a week along with the Venetian blinds.. I change and wash our linens once a week.. I vacuum our room once a week.. we put our clothes in the hamper after every time we change.. I open the windows every morning for fresh air.. we also have plug-ins with a nice scent that keeps the room alive.. I know it’s not the best, but it keeps my mind sane.. we don’t have chairs or ottomans or a couch in our room so this way there are no dumping areas if you know what I mean.. snd my husband and I can’t stand messes do this helps with clutter..
wishing you Hatzlocha and a beautiful week

Do you have more days in your week than me? How do you have time to do all this?? I wish I can do that!!
But I agree making the beds every morning definitely helps, here and there I get inspired and make it for a few days

613mitzvahgirl  

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:42 pm
Nope I don’t have more days a week than you, but I make time which is a priority.. I have to have a clean organized room to be able to just be..

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:44 pm
TheCoolMom wrote:
I’m the opposite. My house can be upside down and a complete disaster but I need my room to be neat. It’s the one space in my home that we can escape the chaos.
We also don’t let any kids into our room which is helpful.

I can’t say this is always the case, but it is certainly my goal.
I try to have my room to be peaceful and neat so I have somewhere calm to work and think.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:47 pm
My bedroom is the neatest room in the house.

amother
Yolk  

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 11:44 pm
Years ago I decided to keep one room in the house company-ready at all times. As the living room is the first room you come to when you walk in the door, that room was it. It was not so much for company as for my sanity: I wanted a place where I could always shep neatness nachas when the general chaos started getting to me. More effective than therapy and cheaper, too.

Eventually I decided I was also tired of our room being a mess all the time. The beds being the biggest items in there, I started making my bed every morning, and asked dh, who gets up later, to do the same. Makes a huge difference in the way the room looks and in my frame of mind.

The room isn't and never will be fit for a magazine photo shoot--no two pieces of furniture match, dh shoes are always all over the place, the chair is a parking lot for clothes that have been worn briefly but aren't ready to be laundered (I don't put such things back in the closet or drawers)--but the simple expedient of making the beds every day makes the difference between a depressing chazzershtall and an acceptable dwelling, at least by my liberal standards.

The stove is impossible to keep clean, and so are the kitchen and bathroom floors, even with frequent mopping. But messy, I work hard not to be. The apartment is not precisely palatial, and in tight quarters you
have to be neat in order to function. There's simply not enough space to work if stuff is lying helter- skelter all over the place.

tweety1

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 11:54 pm
Yes and no. I do try once a week to clean it up and make it the cleanest room. In my brain my room has to be spotless because it's my קודש הקדשים. I hardly ever let my cleaning lady to it because I consider it a privilege to clean the room where one of the biggest mitzvah is done.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 11:56 pm
Are you me?! TMI Our bedroom is our dumping zone. I know it's supposed to be kadosh kedoshim... Following!

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 12:28 am
It's the neatest bc it's really clear what belongs in there. Beds and clothing(dresser and closet).

The living room is the worst bc it's a dumping ground of items that don't have a home.

amother
Phlox  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:12 am
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Hi Gitte Vacht..

???

amother
  Phlox  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:27 am
Yes Teary Eyed and I wish it wasn't

amother
Maple  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:29 am
amother Phlox wrote:
???

Ever heard of a typo?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:31 am
amother Phlox wrote:
???

You’ve never heard this greeting on motzei shabbos? It’s good week in Yiddish

amother
  Phlox  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 1:44 am
amother Honeysuckle wrote:

Vacht is not in Yiddish
Gitte Vacht? Nope, never heard of it

imaima  

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Or am I the only one?! My house is (generally) neat and clean, obviously there's messy times but it's important to me, but my room.. huge mess, never seem to have the time to properly clean it, I like to have nice bedding and furniture etc but I wish it had the priority of the dining room etc..
I guess I'm looking for tips if anyone else has this downpat or if you can relate and tell me what works for you? I hate going to sleep every night in messy room but at that point just too tired to clean it...

Everything should have its place
Take your time tonput things away into those places
But you knew it already

imaima

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:28 am
amother Honeysuckle wrote:

It’s not vacht

amother
  Maple

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:57 am
What does vacht nacht mean?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry