Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Good quality very supportive sneakers for running

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 11:31 am
I had Nikes for quite a few years but they are destroyed.

Looking for recommendations for very supportive trainer/sport sneakers.

Bonus if they look somewhat feminine/cute, and not super clunky ugly Hiding

Anonymiss 1

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 11:40 am
Really depends on your gait/needs. Go to a running store. They can help you figure out what would work best, and most have a policy that allows you to run in the shoes for a couple of weeks and return if they don’t work well for you.
Personally I love Brooks for running, but they have so many different ones for different levels of support, speed, etc.
Also, you should not be wearing the same running shoes for a few years! Most have 300-500 miles maximum support life for running (and then you can wear them for other things). Best to have a couple of pairs at least to rotate if you run regularly.

evaeva

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 11:41 am
skechers slip ins

Anonymiss 1

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 11:51 am
evaeva wrote:
skechers slip ins

These are not good for running!

CatLady

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 12:02 pm
What Anonymiss 1 said. Once you know your needs (keywords like stable, neutral, etc.) it's a lot easier to shop for shoes, even online. You can also pick up an issue of Runner's World and read their recommendations.

Personally, I love New Balance because they have models that come in wide widths and have deep toe boxes. I found that the uppers on Asics wore out very quickly. Brooks, Hoka and Saucony were okay for me, but I never really bonded with any of the styles I tried. You need a good fitting from someone who knows what they're talking about.

momomany

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 1:03 pm
hokas

Cookin4days

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 1:04 pm
My dads been loving On Clouds

chaya678

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 2:08 pm
I love my hokas

BmoreBubby

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 1:43 am
amother OP wrote:
I had Nikes for quite a few years but they are destroyed.

Looking for recommendations for very supportive trainer/sport sneakers.

Bonus if they look somewhat feminine/cute, and not super clunky ugly Hiding

Traditional running shoes have been shown to be bad for your knees because they encourage landing on the heel. A better shoe is a so-called "barefoot" shoe which isn't barefoot but has a minimal support and forces you to step in the way you would if you were barefoot, more toward the front of the foot. This takes some getting used to because it uses slightly different muscles in the calves, but it's worth it - I switched about 7 years ago and am so glad I did. This is my current shoe: https://www.amazon.com/stores/.....ess=2
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise