Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Did not have what to eat for supper today
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:04 pm
Did not have what to eat for supper today ... will also never take food from public pantries as my husband is a respected community member and we are embarrassed that this is our current situation

life is just too expensive
I don't have any cc I can swipe
this week after shavous our finances was completely depleted

usually the money I earn goes to groceries (but no one paid me yet, I do freelance graphics)
My husbands paycheck isnt enought to even cover other expenses ...

so we bh had food in the house for shavous and shabbos but as the week progressed everything is getting eaten up
and I was creative with suppers the last two days
but tonight there was just nothing like nothing fridge and cabinets are bare .... bh my kids which are 2-7 I made the last package of pasta with ketchup and had a few ground chicken patties in freezer so they had food ... and after school snack was a big treat some cheesecake leftover from shavous (Ideally I serve them fruit and veggies and light mezonos)
so bh they didnt complain or notice the lack of no food
although they made a comment about no drinks or snacks... now when it came to me and my husband we just dont have what to eat ( no cereal bec dont have milk, can't touch the last 5 eggs bec kids need breakfast tmro .....) Im sure Hashem has a plan and we will figure out how to shop for shabbos and to stock up the house but right now im just soooo hungry that I feel like venting

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:07 pm
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I wish I was in a position to place an order for you unfortunately I’m in similar as you. When I need food and don’t have money but know I’ll be getting the following week I write a check to the grocery. It usually takes a few days to deposit and by then some money is in the bank. Enough for it to not bounce but not enough to not get overdraft fee. Hashem will help us!!!

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:08 pm
is there tomchei shabbos in your community?
even if your husband is a respected comminity person can you or he reach out to your shul rav for some help? there are sooooooo many people struggling these days. Don't be embarrassed. You got to do what you got to do to feed your family that what a respectable person would do. Help things get better for you very soon

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:09 pm
Oy hope things resolve quickly. Do you have wic and would still have benefits available to purchase?
Would 311 do anything if you tell them you don't have food in the house?

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:11 pm
We get tomchei as My husband lost his job and mine can't pay bills even without tuition. I work 40 hours a week.
They give money at a grocery store so no one but head of TS knows.

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:12 pm
Also we don't qualify but can you get food stamps? WIC will give you milk and a container of eggs each month, a few boxes of pasta, and a little cereal....

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:13 pm
Just want to say, id you're on Cleveland there are tons of resources and I've seem all types of people, including very chashuv types at the chesed Center.
Don't be ashamed to get help.

alizaa

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:14 pm
Not sure where you’re located but if you’re in Lakewood area I would be happy for you to come pick up a package of chicken

lamplighter

This is the reason for tomchei shabbos. You need to eat. Please set aside your pride and find a way to accept tzedaka. You deserve this.

mom!

Op, are you in Lakewood or surrounding areas? I can gladly leave a bag of some basics outside for you, I’ll never know who you are.

amother
OP

so tomchei shabbos isn't an option and
I'm in the category that does not get wic or foodstamps
bec we earn to much but every penny goes to house, tuition ..... I'm sure the middle classers understand....
also whatever creative solutions ppl come up with wont help my hunger for tonight

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:16 pm
If you are willing to post your location, I’m sure some of us can offer ideas

Personally I’m going through the same thing right now. I was getting tomchei shabbos for a couple months, I was so embarrassed but it saved us

BH we just got on government programs so we were able to get off TS, and are able to stock up the kitchen

If you live near me, I’d love to give you some meals

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:16 pm
I am really struggling ($120 to my name until I get paid in a few days), but I dont want you to go to bed hungry. Can I zelle you $10 to buy yourself 2 slices of pizza and a drink?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:17 pm
I can leave a package of chicken and of meat, rice and pasta, some snacks whatever I can find in my house, outside my door. I also have 2 fresh pieces of roasted chicken legs, rice and salad ready from supper now. I'm in Brooklyn.

If you're OK reaching out to Yael, I can leave my address with her and you can pick it up without me ever knowing your screen name.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
so tomchei shabbos isn't an option and
I'm in the category that does not get wic or foodstamps
bec we earn to much but every penny goes to house, tuition ..... I'm sure the middle classers understand....
also whatever creative solutions ppl come up with wont help my hunger for tonight

Can you give me a random address and I'll ubereats, and you can pick it up from there?

LeMortedeLilac

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:18 pm
Please PM me if you're comfortable. I'd love to buy you dinner. I've been hungry before and it was so hard. It will get better.

chayadaniel718

amother OP wrote:
Did not have what to eat for supper today ... will also never take food from public pantries as my husband is a respected community member and we are embarrassed that this is our current situation

life is just too expensive
I don't have any cc I can swipe
this week after shavous our finances was completely depleted

usually the money I earn goes to groceries (but no one paid me yet, I do freelance graphics)
My husbands paycheck isnt enought to even cover other expenses ...

so we bh had food in the house for shavous and shabbos but as the week progressed everything is getting eaten up
and I was creative with suppers the last two days
but tonight there was just nothing like nothing fridge and cabinets are bare .... bh my kids which are 2-7 I made the last package of pasta with ketchup and had a few ground chicken patties in freezer so they had food ... and after school snack was a big treat some cheesecake leftover from shavous (Ideally I serve them fruit and veggies and light mezonos)
so bh they didnt complain or notice the lack of no food
although they made a comment about no drinks or snacks... now when it came to me and my husband we just dont have what to eat ( no cereal bec dont have milk, can't touch the last 5 eggs bec kids need breakfast tmro .....) Im sure Hashem has a plan and we will figure out how to shop for shabbos and to stock up the house but right now im just soooo hungry that I feel like venting

Can you please send me your quick pay or zelle address asap

amf

If you're in lakewood I'm happy to leave some things in a grocery bag outside
Im in a basement, no windows, no one will ever know
You can come pick it up tonight

amother
Ultramarine

OP this is so painful to read! Do you have a friend or family member you can call to bring you soemthing? Is there seriously nobody you can reach out to??

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 9:19 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
Can you give me a random address and I'll ubereats, and you can pick it up from there?

Or if you're in boro park I can leave supper for you outside my door.
I have cauliflower soup, meatballs and spaghetti, some potato knishes
And treats for the kids
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics