Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What were you blamed for today
Previous  1  2

amother
Azure

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 10:52 am
rzab wrote:
The title of this thread is so therapeutic...
I have two teens and a 12 year old who is starting to exhibit teen behavior. I feel like I'm constantly walking on eggshells.

I can't tell you how nice it is to be reminded that I'm not alone!

And just for one thing I got blamed for today. My teen couldn't find a shirt that was really gross and she told me to throw out on pesach. Like why would I throw it out after she told me to

I just told my husband that this is better than therapy.

My teen didn't speak to me all day once because I reminded her to take her report to school that was due last week and I never said a word about. Apparently I was implying that she is irresponsible. I literally said the cheerfully, "have a great day! Remember your report!"

msym

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 1:49 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
As a mom of a newly minted teen daughter (boys before her) I struggle with how much I'm supposed to let go and blame on the hormonal ups and downs. I feel like she needs to work on her middos now and not behave badly and blame it on pms.

I can relate to the moms above. So I'm not judging. But why do we let them treat us like this? Why do they feel its ok to step on mom? Is it because we let them? How will they become tolerable adults in a few short years?

Yes wondering same. Really struggling with this
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children