Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
MY plus size experience today.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 3:54 pm
Yesterday, I was browsing through the plus size section for some local plus size suggested stores in bp and BH BH Hashem I straight away found this lovely dream dress at "my dream dress"
I walked in and was immediately amazed at the beautiful selection and reasonably prices. the saleswoman was super nice and friendly and went so much out of her way to make me happy and feel good. Thank you Hashem for this amazing experience although I'm not the size I would wish to be, I still have a chance at looking my best! TYH!

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 4:41 pm
If you don't own the store and don't work there, thanks for sharing!

amother
Peony

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 4:50 pm
amother Almond wrote:
If you don't own the store and don't work there, thanks for sharing!

I love this comment. I shop there enough. While I generally have great experiences there my last shopping experience did not go well. I will give them another shot when needed.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 5:06 pm
ha no, im not the store owner nor do I work there. im actually from willi where stores like these don't exist at all!! which makes shopping for plus people so frustrating and nearly impossible.

for instance I was searching for new robe before pesach everyday for a week, nothing close to fitting me I was so frustrated that I ended up wearing my nursing robe from the past 2 seasons (im no longer nursing for few months now lol)

I was so grateful to finally have a good experience and I was able to make choice on styles and color over just getting something that fits.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 6:21 pm
I'd like to chime in- I walked in there as well on the spur of the moment. I was actually on my way to another store that occasionally sells plus sizes hoping to find a simcha dress and noticed the store. I figured since I'm passing I may as well take a quick look around even though shopping is depressing for me .
I walked out with a simcha dress, 2 shabbos outfits, a robe and 2 weekday outfits. The saleslady was so helpful and sweet and super honest. I don't think I ever had so much luck even when I wasn't plus sized. I had such a wonderful experience. Not related to the owners , but was so grateful so sharing this here - especially for people like me that are miserable when it's time to shop and are depressed looking in the mirror. (I know, I know I'm working on accepting myself but until then...)

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 8:24 pm
amother Peony wrote:
I love this comment. I shop there enough. While I generally have great experiences there my last shopping experience did not go well. I will give them another shot when needed.

Why did not go well???? What happened ? Was there this season and did so well the sales lady was skinny but not too skinny and friendly . Oh making a simcha and going to go back there for eveyrhing.

amother
Peony

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 10:50 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
Why did not go well???? What happened ? Was there this season and did so well the sales lady was skinny but not too skinny and friendly . Oh making a simcha and going to go back there for eveyrhing.

There was a saleslady that was bad news. I hope she was just a substitute or something. My previous experiences with them were amazing. They used to have one lady (I think she may have had a baby because I think I remember seeing her pregnant) that was incredible! She was fantastic. Plus size woman too. She took one look at me and knew exactly what will and will not look good on my figure.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:07 pm
I know two workers one is plus size and one is not think they both had babies this past year. Now I went in and Israeli lady was there she was helpful but kept calling boss she must be new my first time seeing her
Think boss does not come in has a couple of workers some better than others that’s every store
But it’s a great store for this in need of it

logical

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 1:50 am
OP that's awesome! enjoy the good feeling every time you wear it!
we need stores like this in every community....

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:46 pm
logical wrote:
OP that's awesome! enjoy the good feeling every time you wear it!
we need stores like this in every community....

Almost sure they ship, call then and they’ll help you over the phone they super helpful and friendly

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:36 pm
I must have missed all the info
What store in BP are you talking about?
I’m looking for one just like you described

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:38 pm
My dream dress
52 right off 13
Google it
They my dream store

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:39 pm
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven