Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israel with kids ok
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 6:32 pm
DH is supposed to travel to Israel with a few of my kids next week for his brothers wedding.

He mentioned there’s new talk of a new war… what are you’re thoughts on letting them all go?

They will all be beyond devastated if they can’t go

sara1232

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 6:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
DH is supposed to travel to Israel with a few of my kids next week for his brothers wedding.

He mentioned there’s new talk of a new war… what are you’re thoughts on letting them all go?

They will all be beyond devastated if they can’t go

Where in Israel where they be staying?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 6:48 pm
Yerushalyim

sara1232

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 6:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yerushalyim

I would let them go. Yerushalayim is pretty far from all the action.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 8:22 pm
I think it depends on the airline. If they are not flying Elal and their airline cancels on them they may be stuck in Israel for an extra week or more trying to find flights out (and may need to pay a lot for new tickets).

Otherwise, in the center of the country (including Yerushalayim) everything feels totally normal.

If war from the north breaks out while they are here, they will be like millions of others living here. If parents get hysterical and convey that to their kids, they can become traumatized. If you discuss with them in advance what they need to do if there is a siren and their father deals with it matter of factly if it happens, they will deal with it okay. Remember that there is a lot of extra shmira here, think of what happened with the Iranian missiles.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 10:09 pm
Has any one heard of more talk about a new war coming up? I know anything can change in a moment but just wondering what the word in the land is

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 10:12 pm
I’m not sure what you mean by a new war? Israel is in the middle of 2 wars now.

salt

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 4:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Has any one heard of more talk about a new war coming up? I know anything can change in a moment but just wondering what the word in the land is

No new war. There is talk of escalation on the Northern border.
Not near Jerusalem.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 4:39 am
I got this notice yesterday.

Presidential envoy Amos Hochstein has announced that the attempts to reach an arrangement for Israel's northern border have failed. The IDF is making immediate preparations for war, including attacking a broader range of targets than just Hezbollah and preparing instructions for civilian communities likely to be affected.

Life in Jerusalem is continuing, more or less as normal.

juggling

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 4:47 am
If there will actually be a war with Hezbollah it's pretty clear that most of the country will be under fire.

But it's not at all clear that there will be such a war anytime soon.

Neither side wants an escalation. Israel may find itself with no choice. But I don't see that happening just yet.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 7:27 am
juggling wrote:
If there will actually be a war with Hezbollah it's pretty clear that most of the country will be under fire.

But it's not at all clear that there will be such a war anytime soon.

Neither side wants an escalation. Israel may find itself with no choice. But I don't see that happening just yet.

That’s what im afraid of

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 12:39 am
Anything new happening?

giftedmom

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 12:42 am
News is saying invasion is imminent. People are evacuating from Lebanon.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 3:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Anything new happening?

They fly El Al or not?
All as usual in Jerusalem area AFAIK.

juggling

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 3:49 am
giftedmom wrote:
News is saying invasion is imminent. People are evacuating from Lebanon.

I'm not in the army or government but that sounds like fear-mongering to me. I don't think anything is imminent. At this point it's still not clear the war will happen. And I definitely don't expect it to happen without a good deal of warning.

I saw something about Canada making *plans* for evacuating their citizens. If and when. It's not already in progress afaik.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:12 am
Yea they are flying Elal and staying in Jerusalem. But theee is still traveling from the airport

I’m totally scared for them to go but so many people are traveling In for the wedding and don’t seem to have a problem! Hate for them to miss it and nothing actually happen

someone

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:14 am
amother OP wrote:
Yea they are flying Elal and staying in Jerusalem. But theee is still traveling from the airport

I’m totally scared for them to go but so many people are traveling In for the wedding and don’t seem to have a problem! Hate for them to miss it and nothing actually happen

OP, I totally see why you are worried, but the way things are at the moment I would think that flying El Al and travelling only from the airport to Yerushalayim should be totally fine. From what I have heard from people in the army and from what it sounds like to me reading between the lines, we won't start up north until we finish in Rafah, that's at least another few weeks. And if anything was imminent the US authorities would definitely know and they would warn all their citizens to leave the country

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 6:25 am
I appreciate the calming words.

I heard they wanted to finish Rafah first but then I started hearing about an “imminent attack” up north.

I know no one can gaurentee anything but I feel like you guys have a better finger on the pulse

What English websites are best to look at?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 7:07 am
OP Let them go. They can Daven at all the Makom Kedoshim, Kotel, Kever Rochel, Ma'aras Hamachpela, and Daven for Klal Yisroel.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 11:37 am
amother OP wrote:

For sure let them go! With so many others flying in it's not something to be worried about.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics