Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
It's 7:22 am and my kids are BORED!!!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 10:27 am
amother OP wrote:
They have Adhd. I unofficially allow screen time because otherwise they'll be jumping on each other's heads.
They hate reading.
My question is more what makes not such young kids get up so early?

Bingo-The fact that they have adhd makes this whole thing make sense. My 14 dd also has adhd and wakes up super early. Adhd have attention spans of 30 seconds so that doesn't help either.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 10:30 am
mfb wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07RRH1X3N?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
I have these in navy and the room is really dark. I don’t think the light colors will work as well.
Try this and see

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 10:31 am
amother Zinnia wrote:
Bingo-The fact that they have adhd makes this whole thing make sense. My 14 dd also has adhd and wakes up super early. Adhd have attention spans of 30 seconds so that doesn't help either.

So adhd makes kids wake up early?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
They watched a video already taken without my permission. They played game boy already. They are BORED!
What does it come from for kids to get up so early?? They don't go to sleep that early.
They're up every day at 6ish no matter what time they went to sleep. And they are almost in their teens.

Oh my this was me a few years back! It's hard. I could leave the house spotless the night before, and come down to chaos Sad . School days were manageable (kinda), but vacation, shabbos, yom tov, oh boy!
I remember my Mil coming down for Shabbos lunch saying a cheery 'Good morning everyone, did you have a good night's sleep?! I was like, which planet is she from lol, and said 'after lunch, you're babysitting!

Now when I come down Yom Tov mornings and see a bleary-eyed daughter-in-law on the couch, I try not to ask if she had a good night! And try and take on a few hours of babysitting..

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
So adhd makes kids wake up early?

Sure. My kids with Adhd also can't sleep in no matter what time they go to bed. Its 100% a adhd thing. But they do know to be quite most of the time

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:36 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Sure. My kids with Adhd also can't sleep in no matter what time they go to bed. Its 100% a adhd thing. But they do know to be quite most of the time

Funny, my brother's with ADHD would sleep in late and it was impossible to get them out of bed! I guess it depends..

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 12:40 pm
Comptroller wrote:
Why don't you teach them to play an instrument?

on your instrument, you can never practise enough, you can spend as much time as you want, and you will never be bored!

They could also take up ballet or a sport - same thing: practise, practise, practise, no more boredom forever!

Or they could learn to draw. Same thing: Practise, practise, practis, plus you can do something with the pictures.

or they could write a novel. Same thing: write, write, write, and maybe they will be published.

Or they could learn to knit, crochet, needlepoint, patchwork, make dresses: practise, practise, practise, plus you have tangible results that you can use.

Or they could take up pottery, woodworking, etc.

How come so many children do not have creative hobbies?

Lol. This does not work for all kids. Some of my kids have gotten into certain hobbies to the point of wanting to do more of it, practice it and get really good etc and others...not so much. Like quit the second it's not fun or gets a little challenging, refuse to practice between sessions, or simply decide they're done with X and want to try Y, and the same thing happens in roughly the same amount of time. Hobbies and extracurriculars are great, but no, they are not always the solution for every kid struggling to figure out what they want.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 4:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
They have Adhd. I unofficially allow screen time because otherwise they'll be jumping on each other's heads.
They hate reading.
My question is more what makes not such young kids get up so early?

Waking up in the morning is healthy and shoes that their internal system hasn't been messed up yet.
6 is morning. 5 would be another story.

imaima

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 4:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
They watched a video already taken without my permission. They played game boy already. They are BORED!
What does it come from for kids to get up so early?? They don't go to sleep that early.
They're up every day at 6ish no matter what time they went to sleep. And they are almost in their teens.

If they are almost in their teens whybis their boredom your business? You should be able to sleep in till 9
Otherwise what’s the point of free access tp videos and Gameboy if it cannot buy you some sleep?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics