Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Mekubal- how does it work

Beauty123

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 8:32 pm
I know a few people who go to a mekubal before making a big decision. They’re telling me stories how it’s the first time they met him and he knows information about them. For example, they come to ask if a certain shidduch is a good match for their child. And then he randomly says you will see great improvement with parnassah when moving. And indeed the family planned to move and they did not mention the move at all. Or, you will have a son within the year (the family has girls only and they did not tell him so).
My question is how do they know? Is it energy, ruach hakodesh, or they research the individual in advance and pretend to know everything?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 8:48 pm
You’ll get all types of answers, spanning the gamut from “they are charlatans” to “they have prophecy”.

I guess I’d I knew how it worked, I could be one! Have you heard of a Mekubelet, maybe in a future career!

I have a close relative who goes to Rav Moshe Milstein in Brooklyn, and I went once years ago. Some things he said were somewhat uncanny and we thought “how does he realize/know that” and other things were pretty much wise common sense. He’s definitely a great person, yet I have no clue that he’s infallible, and I’d never check my brain at the door and commit to blind following when going to anyone for advice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics