Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What is Considered a "Money Making Field"?

Blossom

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 9:38 pm
Exept for Real Estate in Midtown Manhattan???

Maya  

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 9:42 pm
Depends how much money you are talking about. Millions, or hundreds of thousands? Or more or less?

amother  

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 9:42 pm
How much money?

Manage a hedge fund.

Become an investment banker.

High ranking executive at a successful company

Invent something that people don't yet know that they need, and but once it hits the market they can't live without.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Feb 14 2008, 10:30 pm
Medicine? Legal? Sales?

qwertyu

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 11:32 am
A dancer, a airline pilot, a lobbyist for fortune 500 company, ceo of one them

gigi

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 11:35 am
rob a bank Twisted Evil

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 11:36 am
anything that's "growing". that ppl will need, regardless of their situation in life.

like medical.

amother  

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 11:37 am
Two of my friends made their money in the easiest way possible. They married hedge fund managers. They don't have to work long hours (their husbands do, of course) and their only exertion is finding ways to spend all that money. It's not as easy as it looks, you know.

amother  

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 11:38 am
qwertyu wrote:
A dancer
Dancers make so much money? I don't think so, unless you're talking about exotic dancing. Otherwise, it's very hard and there isn't much money in it.

Maya

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
Two of my friends made their money in the easiest way possible. They married hedge fund managers. They don't have to work long hours (their husbands do, of course) and their only exertion is finding ways to spend all that money. It's not as easy as it looks, you know.

Aw, I should've done that, too. And I know it's not as easy as it looks... but I would've taken it anway. Wink

traveler

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 12:32 pm
Quote:

You forgot to mention their husbands usually work 15 hours a day =)
My brother is an investment banker & financial analyst and the other a hedge fund manager. Money yes that they have plenty of. Sleep I don't think any. They leave the house around 7:00am and come home any time from 8:00pm to 3:00am (In Tokyo the market is open)

Both Columbia Graduates (In the Business Field) MBA Required obviously; Ivy League is usually helpful.

mom21n2

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 12:49 pm
professional athlete

amother  

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 1:32 pm
What about watching a professional athlete? does that bring in any money? Perhaps cheering them on!!!!!!!!! Go Yankees!!!! Surprised

amother

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
What about watching a professional athlete? does that bring in any money? Perhaps cheering them on!!!!!!!!! Go Yankees!!!! Surprised
Today, the average person can't afford tickets to the games, thanks to the way-out salaries of players. It's a shame.

LibraMommy

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 3:48 pm
traveler wrote:
Quote:

You forgot to mention their husbands usually work 15 hours a day =)
My brother is an investment banker & financial analyst and the other a hedge fund manager. Money yes that they have plenty of. Sleep I don't think any. They leave the house around 7:00am and come home any time from 8:00pm to 3:00am (In Tokyo the market is open)

Both Columbia Graduates (In the Business Field) MBA Required obviously; Ivy League is usually helpful.

You know what! At least they make the really big bucks!

DH doesn't come home at 5 either. On to another job he goes. This is to stay afloat and save a bit! I have the difficult job of keeping myself from spending money!

MahPitom  

Post Fri, Feb 15 2008, 4:00 pm
My dear, you can make big money, but most of the time you have to invest big money too. Thos youtube shmo’s were lucky, not everyone else is. Are you looking to overwork and make biog money, or have a good time and earn a living?

Imaonwheels

Post Sat, Feb 16 2008, 11:58 am
Liquor, cigarettes and junk food. The poorer people are the more they buy them.

MahPitom

Post Sat, Feb 16 2008, 7:40 pm
Imaonwheels wrote:
right on target! The welathy people are more into caviar, bentleys...

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 12:39 pm
Imaonwheels wrote:

I've heard a quote about that--I forgot who said it, but it was the owner of a large clothing company who said: "If you market and sell to people who drive a lexus, you'll end up riding the subway and if you market and sell to people who ride the subway, you'll be the one in a lexus!"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics