Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Cake made in bundt pan always burns

mommy#1

Post Sat, Jan 18 2014, 9:52 pm
im assuming its the bundt pan, but im really not sure. I don't bake so often (trust me, when I do I eat way too much so I try to avoid!) but when I bake a cake I usually bake in my rubber (just forgot what its called) bundt pan.
ive bakes a few different cakes in it, but by all of them, the top (bottom of bundt) gets burnt. I cant take it out earlier because the cake is still liquidy. I bake on 350. I never have a problem with anything else in my oven, only with these bundt pans. a shame because I have 3 of them...
is that my problem? the pan? I should just bake my cakes in regular 9x13 aluminum pans from now on? thank you!

octopus

Post Sat, Jan 18 2014, 10:22 pm
I'm curious what the answers are going to be as I don't cook in bundt pans. but I'm assuming a bundt pan gets hotter than an aluminum pan. It probably has to be baked on a lower setting.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 1:35 am
I have a silicone bundt pan, and sometimes it burns, too. Sad

Try putting the cake in the TOP 1/3 of your oven.

If you have a second rack, put it on the lowest rails, and then put a couple of heavy cookie sheets on it. This will help diffuse the heat that is coming up from the bottom elements.

Do you have an oven thermometer? They're pretty cheap at Bed, Bath and Beyond. You'd be surprised to find out how off an oven can be, and where your hot and cold spots are.

etky

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 3:57 am
Invest in a heavy gauge Nordic Ware bundt pan for more even baking.
With proper care it should last you for years. I still have the one I got when I was first married.
I bake in a silicon bundt too on occasion and don't have a problem with burning but I think that overall the cakes come out better in a metal pan.

Eemaof3

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 7:22 am
I place my silicone bunt pan on a baking tray in the middle of the oven. Maybe try dropping the temperature by 25 degrees -- perhaps your oven is actually too hot.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 2:47 pm
You're likely over filling the pan. Most recipes are to big for the average bunt pan, fill it no more them 2/3 of the way. You'll get better results.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 3:06 pm
etky wrote:
Invest in a heavy gauge Nordic Ware bundt pan for more even baking.
With proper care it should last you for years. I still have the one I got when I was first married.
I bake in a silicon bundt too on occasion and don't have a problem with burning but I think that overall the cakes come out better in a metal pan.

Agreed. I'd bought a silicon bundt pan and never had good results (rarely got the cake out whole; unevenly done) and then bought a heavy Nordicware pan -- comes out perfect every time (that is when I have it since my kids are always borrowing it Smile )

mommy#1

Post Sun, Jan 19 2014, 7:09 pm
thank you!

mandr

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:50 am
I had this problem in general, with anything that I baked. The bottoms always got burned no matter how low I turned down the oven temperature. I found a solution online. I put a cookie sheet under every pan whenever I bake and that solved the problem completely!

mommy#1

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 12:40 am
mandr wrote:
I had this problem in general, with anything that I baked. The bottoms always got burned no matter how low I turned down the oven temperature. I found a solution online. I put a cookie sheet under every pan whenever I bake and that solved the problem completely!

I decided to try a cake that I have tried before & always burned in the silicone bundt pan. I put a cookie sheet under it & it worked!!!! thought I would have to throw out all my silicone bundts, I have a few...
thanks so much!!!!

mandr

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 10:23 am
So glad to hear it worked!

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 10:35 am
mommy#1 wrote:
I decided to try a cake that I have tried before & always burned in the silicone bundt pan. I put a cookie sheet under it & it worked!!!! thought I would have to throw out all my silicone bundts, I have a few...
thanks so much!!!!

I have to try this. I've been having the same problem in my silicon cake pan. It bakes evenly, amazing release, but the bottom almost always comes out black even though the rest is baked to moist perfection.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 11:08 am
I"ve given up using my silicone pan. It has never turned out well.
In my metal one it is perfect every time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics