Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Uppababy Vista 2010 vs. 2012

amother

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 11:54 am
FTM here, don't really know too much about strollers. I do know that I want an Uppababy Vista, though. I found a good deal for a 2010 model, but is there any issue on getting one that's already a couple years behind? There doesn't seem to be that many updates vs the 2012 - but if I'm going to be using the stroller for a couple years, iy'H, should I get the newest one because by 2014 the stroller model will already be 4 years old?

TIA! Smile

amother

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 12:06 pm
Go look at pishposhbaby.com they have a blog with info on the difference between a newer model and an older one.
G'Luck!!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 12:24 pm
Thanks! I checked it out. All the research I've been doing for the 2010 vs 2012 shows there are some (minor?) updates. Are these important? Is it worth the $150 price difference? Like I said, FTM, don't know how important these updates are vs the older model.

http://site.pishposhbaby.com/b.....2012/

tovli toraspicha

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 12:34 pm
I don't think the differences are important enough, unless you have very tall genes in the family and need the taller toddler seat option, or unless money is really no object and you would spend more on a later model "just because"... There really doesn't seem to be anything new that is important.
be-sha'ah tova and good luck!

groovy1224

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 7:44 pm
I would think the differences are nice, but not $150 nice. The 2012 fully reclines, but I'm not sure why you would need that if you are using the bassinet. It also has the magnetic flap, so you can check on your sleeping baby without noisy velcro waking him/her up.
It has some other nice features, supposedly it rides a little better but the 2010 rides great anyway. If it were a $20 difference, I'd say go with the new one, but for that much extra I'd say nah.
I've been having this dilemma myself for a long time lol. I would love to nab a sale on the 2010 but as I'm not due for a while, there's not much I can do about all the sales going on now.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:16 pm
what sales?

Happy 2B

Post Mon, Apr 30 2012, 8:34 pm
Wow that's a really good price for the 2011 at Pish Posh. At first I thought the difference was just 20 dollars so go for the 2012 but it's over 100 dollar difference I'd go for the 2011 if they had the color I wanted.

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 9:37 am
I too am looking for uppababy..and hope to find one after the summer on craigslist. Glad to see that the difference in the models is slight... Still worth to get it for $300 or less with extras than $700.
My question with it is, most people I know don't use it after age 2.. why not?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics