Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Uppababy piggyback vs universal rider board

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 1:56 pm
I have a cruz v2 that is currently my toddler's main stroller (we don't have a car). Will be switching in the bassinet when baby #2 comes along, but am getting a double stroller as well which will probably be used the most at the beginning. I think it would be helpful to have a ride on board for when it won't be neccesary to shlep the double, but still a lot for toddler to walk (he'll be only just 2 at baby's birth iyH so just short distances at first but then more once he is 2.5+)

The uppababy board is expensive, and only allows for standing. I'm wondering 1- is it that much better than a universal rider board which is cheaper? and 2- how it compares in practical use to a universal one that has a seat. Isn't that much more helpful, an additional seat? But maybe it is even more cumbersome to push..

Would appreciate insight from people who have done this!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 2:06 pm
I have the uppa baby piggyback. Something to consider is whether you can bump the stroller up or down the stairs with the universal board. With the piggyback you can click it up. But I got it for an older kid, for a 2 year old I wanted them contained in a stroller less kvetching and able to nap if need be.

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 3:29 pm
I would say wait. At 2, you want them in a seat, strapped in safely. When they get a bit older, then you can worry about whether you want a ride on at all.
I bought one when ds was closer to 3 and we didn't have a car and were routinely doing walks above 30 minutes daily. It was a universal board and it worked fine. I liked that I could add the seat and ds had a seat. It came with a string to hook it up when it wasn't in use.
I don't think it needs to be the uppababy piggyback.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 6:12 am
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I know it is early to decide but when I have the baby there are people coming to me that could bring it from the US where it is cheaper, and later I won't neccesarily have that option.

The stair thing is a good point, def the ability to click up as opposed to having to tie it up each time would be a big difference. Does anyone have a universal that clicks up, or those all have to maneuvered more? Also would love to hear more thoughts on the sitting option vs standing only.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 6:14 am
I got a universal one because I didn't want to spend on the bugaboo brand one for my bugaboo bee and regretted it. It was really poor quality and made the stroller hard to push. When I need a new one, I'm getting the brand one
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics