Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How many board games do you own?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:43 am
This is both a parenting question and organizing questions. My kids are ages 2-15 we have tons of board games and card games so some multiple version or similar games I'm not a minimalist,but u don't want to hold either.

Kids 2-6 like to play lotto we have a few versions. We have brochos,aleph beis and the alphabet it seems excessive. We also have a shopping for shabbat that's really also a lotto but also really loved. We also have Jewish gourmet chef that has a few extra steps. That's the most interesting one when friends are over. The others are played with when it's that's kids interest. And that's just lotto.
We have few memory games and different shapes sizes and versions, version of clue and monopoly. Also some double. Like cover your assets my 7 year old plays he loves it and plays it all over the floor. We have peices lost and a newer version that my older kids like.

I'm also not sure how to store them right now some are stored separately so they could be rotated. But really would like to keep it all in one closet. Or should I get rid of it and because who says the next child needs an alphabet version and brochos we have too many.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:06 pm
I would not have multiple versions of the same game unless it's a game that multiple kids play the different versions at the same time.
I have a range of similar age ranges and we probably have 30 games (although I didn't count). I store games in their boxes. I like the exciting look and easy of retrieval when you know what the game is. I have tried other storage solutions (out of their boxes or storing vertically) and I came back to the regular stacking method. I do put rubber bands around the boxes so they don't accidently open if they fall.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics