Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No money for yom tov
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Beautiful

Post Yesterday at 8:53 pm
Op, I hear that your husband doesn't have a connection with a Rav, but how about the Rav in the shul closest to you? Or the Vaad harabonim? At least where I live, they feel an achrayus to the whole community not just their mispalelim.

amother
Lightgray  

Post Yesterday at 8:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Even if a rav can give us some money I need it go straight to the mortgage that I’m behind in…
Yes can do tomchei shabbos but they don’t give fresh produce and things like that
(didn't read all replies, maybe someone mentioned) I receive from Tomchei Shabbos and get potatoes, carrots, onions, frozen broccoli, cauliflower, tons and tons of chicken and meat, fish, gefilta fish rolls, and literally is a huge huge help! Cheeses and ketchup. Sometimes even snacks! Reach out.
I wish there was an organization for new clothing..

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:54 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
(didn't read all replies, maybe someone mentioned) I receive from Tomchei Shabbos and get potatoes, carrots, onions, frozen broccoli, cauliflower, tons and tons of chicken and meat, fish, gefilta fish rolls, and literally is a huge huge help! Cheeses and ketchup. Sometimes even snacks! Reach out.
I wish there was an organization for new clothing..

DH is embarrassed to get tomchei shabbos, that a member of the community should drop it off at our house. He’s not comfortable with that

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:56 pm
Beautiful wrote:
Op, I hear that your husband doesn't have a connection with a Rav, but how about the Rav in the shul closest to you? Or the Vaad harabonim? At least where I live, they feel an achrayus to the whole community not just their mispalelim.

I don’t know of any vaad harabonim. I have been in touch with Mayan bsayser which was linked above. Hopefully they can help

amother
  Lightgray

Post Yesterday at 10:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
DH is embarrassed to get tomchei shabbos, that a member of the community should drop it off at our house. He’s not comfortable with that
I so so get you! We didn't want to call Tomchei shabbos. We were so embarrassed. I hold a prestigious job and I just didn't have the courage to sign up. I was mortified by the thought that one of my employees who volunteers for Tomchei Shabbos would find out! It was still worth signing up! You can not imagine what big releif it was! There is enuf food on the table every single day. They give in abundance!
I can't afford mortgage, tuition, clothing, school supplies, shoes, uniforms, haircuts and what not, but thank you Hahsem a million times over that we have a fully stocked freezer. I can't tell you how much calmer I am since those boxes started coming my way. Please make the call!

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 10:11 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
I so so get you! We didn't want to call Tomchei shabbos. We were so embarrassed. I hold a prestigious job and I just didn't have the courage to sign up. I was mortified by the thought that one of my employees who volunteers for Tomchei Shabbos would find out! It was still worth signing up! You can not imagine what big releif it was! There is enuf food on the table every single day. They give in abundance!
I can't afford mortgage, tuition, clothing, school supplies, shoes, uniforms, haircuts and what not, but thank you Hahsem a million times over that we have a fully stocked freezer. I can't tell you how much calmer I am since those boxes started coming my way. Please make the call!

It’s not me who doesn’t want, it’s DH. I can’t do it behind his back and if he does know he will be very embarrassed. But yes I relate can’t afford what you wrote either

dankbar

Post Yesterday at 10:18 pm
Maybe someone can pick up a box instead they should deliver. Person picking up doesn't have to say for whom it's going. That way it doesn't have to be at your door dordle anyone to see

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 10:19 pm
dankbar wrote:
Maybe someone can pick up a box instead they should deliver. Person picking up doesn't have to say for whom it's going. That way it doesn't have to be at your door dordle anyone to see

So they have a pickup option but it’s 3:30pm Friday afternoon in a different neighborhood. That’s just not realistic for us.
I don’t have anyone else who can pickup for me

mommy3b2c

Post Yesterday at 10:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
DD is asking for clothing. Not only for yom tov but also for summer weekday. She does need nothing fits from last year. But every time she asks if she can check Tottini it irks me. “No you can’t check, I have no way to pay for it”. But she wants to look nice and feel good in what she wears

Maybe I can buy her two outfits ?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics