Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka delay
  Previous  1  2  3  4 15  16  17  Next

amother
Blush  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:43 am
What's not right is the lack of open communication with the parents. It's all very hush hush and secretive. They are barely notifying the parents of amything.

amother
Oldlace  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:11 am
amother Blush wrote:
What's not right is the lack of open communication with the parents. It's all very hush hush and secretive. They are barely notifying the parents of amything.

Exactly. I totally understand that obstacles can come up.
However, the secrecy and lack of communication has led me to completely distrust the camp. I do not want my daughter under their supervision.
Also, I feel like their no questions asked attitude with emails ending with ‘thank you for understanding’ are starting to seem really passive aggressive.

aria3578  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:53 am
My sister is going to camp malka
The communication has been horrible

They emailed the parents early this morning saying they will be starting camp at a hotel.
Motel

They are bringing the luggage to the hotel

amother
Camellia  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:05 pm
Sounds like they don’t even know themselves. They were probably trying so hard to have the camp grounds ready but it’s just not happening. I feel bad for the owners and all the girls who are waiting around and don’t know what’s going on.
I don’t think the camp is hiding anything. It’s probably just taking much longer than they thought to have all the work done and inspections passed.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 2:43 pm
I heard that as of yesterday, they fully expected to open today in camp. Staff travelled there and found it uninhabitable. No bathrooms or something like that, and no air conditioning. It was 103 degrees in the bunkhouses. So they quickly started trying to make other plans, and those must have been finalized at 3 am, when they finally notified the families.

It's very hard for all involved.

amother
  Charcoal  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 3:46 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
I heard that as of yesterday, they fully expected to open today in camp. Staff travelled there and found it uninhabitable. No bathrooms or something like that, and no air conditioning. It was 103 degrees in the bunkhouses. So they quickly started trying to make other plans, and those must have been finalized at 3 am, when they finally notified the families.

Sorry I don’t buy that.

There’s construction going on for months now. No one was on top of it? They were just letting the workers do their thing and assumed they could show up with staff and all would be well? Someone was there. And they knew camp was not opening. And chose to wait until the last second to avoid dealing with the fall out. Communication has been terrible all along.

amother
  Oldlace  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 3:59 pm
amother Pewter wrote:

I know a bunch of people who are involved with running several camps. It is unheard of for staff to show up expecting things to be fine at the last minute.

Camp directors and maintenance work all year long , especially in the months after pesach before school ends. There are always repairs to do after the winter and Camp grounds need to be prepared too.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:20 pm
THIS IS A FORWARDED MESSAGE I GOT THAT'S making rounds ABOUT CAMP MALKA

fwd: Mazel Tov to R’ Moshe Dovid Perlstein and his group on their recent purchase of Camp Bnos Malka . We wish you much Hatzlacha and we know if there is anyone out there that can fix this mess , it is you.

Fwd: My daughter said it’s a sight to behold all the windows of hotel are opened and the workers are throwing the beds out the window in order to set up the bunk beds

Fwd: In case you didn’t hear: the reason why they’re able to squeeze all those bunk beds in the hotel rooms (which is over the occupancy per code) is because Perlstein owns the hotel. The reason why they’re setting up tents in BRC for the girls- is because Perlstein owns BRC. The reason why you heard the voice note of Perlstein setting up a tent of supper coming and beds being delivered, and the reason why there WONT BE ANY ACCOUNTABILITY for all of this- is because Perlstein bought the camp off of Hiller this morning!!!!

amother
Acacia  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:23 pm
This is a nightmare.
I'd keep my daughter home and dispute the charges.

ra_mom  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:24 pm
amother Linen wrote:

fwd: Mazel Tov to R’ Moshe Dovid Perlstein and his group on their recent purchase of Camp Bnos Malka . We wish you much Hatzlacha and we know if there is anyone out there that can fix this mess , it is you.

Fwd: My daughter said it’s a sight to behold all the windows of hotel are opened and the workers are throwing the beds out the window in order to set up the bunk beds

Fwd: In case you didn’t hear: the reason why they’re able to squeeze all those bunk beds in the hotel rooms (which is over the occupancy per code) is because Perlstein owns the hotel. The reason why they’re setting up tents in BRC for the girls- is because Perlstein owns BRC. The reason why you heard the voice note of Perlstein setting up a tent of supper coming and beds being delivered, and the reason why there WONT BE ANY ACCOUNTABILITY for all of this- is because Perlstein bought the camp off of Hiller this morning!!!!

What is this trying to say?

amother
  Cantaloupe  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:27 pm
“R’Moshe Dovid Perlstein is denying there is any change of ownership in Camp Malka and is saying that the the Hiller family still owns and controls it and they are on site with the girls . He also says he is just assisting in dealing with the current crisis . They are trucking food in from Monsey and have trucked beds in from lakewood”

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:29 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
“R’Moshe Dovid Perlstein is denying there is any change of ownership in Camp Malka and is saying that the the Hiller family still owns and controls it and they are on site with the girls . He also says he is just assisting in dealing with the current crisis . They are trucking food in from Monsey and have trucked beds in from lakewood”

If that’s the case then that’s very special of him

IIRC one year he had part of BRC in a hotel as well so I guess he has the know how

amother
Gold  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:37 pm
I heard already last week he was helping them get the camp grounds ready quickly. He just wanted to help.
He also did this during covid. And he is good at getting things done.

amother
  Charcoal  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:39 pm
amother Linen wrote:

I don't know where or who this is coming from.

The hillers were 100% at the hotel today.

amother
  Charcoal  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:43 pm
amother Linen wrote:

A quick google search lists the owner as Anthony Padel.

Why all the caps lock?

amother
Black  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:05 pm
What is going on. Who cares who the owner of the hotel is?!?! This is so not fair to the parents.

amother
Slategray  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:27 pm
amother Black wrote:
What is going on. Who cares who the owner of the hotel is?!?! This is so not fair to the parents.

My daughter says everyone's enjoying themselves. They were assigned rooms. There are lots of workers getting things set up.

amother
  Dill

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:30 pm
My daughter called my husband and I about 5 times today. She called me before crying she wants to come home… this is unacceptable. I stayed pretty quiet on this forum but now I’m pissed! It’s bad enough she has to stay home a week extra when all her friends were in camp, then she had to come home a week early because she committed to a job second half in a day camp… and now it looks like my husband will have to go pick her up next week. This is really not right.

amother
  Camellia  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:33 pm
I’m sure it will work out. They know what they need to do. It’s a rough start but their goal is to give the girls a nice time. I can almost guarantee that the girls will come home happy and laugh at this delayed opening in an old hotel.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:44 pm
How much do you all pay for this camp? Yikes, this sounds crazy.
Page 3 of 17   Previous  1  2  3  4 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics