Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka delay
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 15  16  17  Next

aria3578  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:24 am
They started planning this last week
They had electricians and other construction workers run to the hotel last week for emergency jobs
This is not a super last minute thing

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:28 am
aria3578 wrote:
They had electricians and other construction workers run to the hotel last week for emergency jobs

If they planned this last week why was the girls luggage sent to camp?

amother
  Slategray  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:29 am
aria3578 wrote:

If they knew they were using the hotel why did they bus the staff and luggage to their new place?

amother
  Diamond

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:30 am
amother Bellflower wrote:
If they planned this last week why was the girls luggage sent to camp?

Why did they skip food and water in the planning? Why are kind people needing to drop off food?

amother
Amethyst  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:31 am
What a dysfunctional disaster.
If my daughter was there right now you bet I’d get in the car at 1:30 am and driver 2.5 hours to get her. No bed?? No luggage?? No food and water?? I’m shocked

aria3578  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:31 am
amother Slategray wrote:
If they knew they were using the hotel why did they bus the staff and luggage to their new place?

Honestly good question
My husband knows the electrician that was called by perlstein for emergency job at this “hotel”

amother
  Khaki  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:40 am
aria3578 wrote:
Honestly good question
My husband knows the electrician that was called by perlstein for emergency job at this “hotel”

That means nothing regarding Malka.

I believe Perlstein owns the hotel. (Like he owns other camps and properties).
Him hiring an electrician for this hotel could also have been him trying to put together another boys camp or Iggud situation or resort or whatever.

Just because Perlstein hired an electrician for a rush job does not at all mean that Malka (under different ownership) had even a thought of using the hotel last week.

amother
  Oldlace  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:17 am
There is a new WhatsApp group someone started regarding this issue.
Officially it’s for info, chessed coordination, and updates.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/ISTz.....omUhf

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:21 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
There is a new WhatsApp group someone started regarding this issue.
Officially it’s for info, chessed coordination, and updates.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/ISTz.....omUhf

Warning! This group only allows pro camp ideas to be posted and they will remove anything posted which insinuates that the girls are not having a good time. Do not trust anything it says there.

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:25 am
Using a hotel is not unheard of. Bnos Maarava did it their 3rd year in existence as their campgrounds were not going to be ready (they overlapped with aguda Midwest that year). And guess what? It was well planned. Not fancy, but the whole camp was not a fancy camp (some girls complained because they were used to "NY fancy camps"...). But it was planned- we packed for the first 3 days in our carryon and the rest of luggage went to the camp. We also had plenty of food, water and beds. How could they not have enough beds and think it is ok? Or food/water? If girls are fighting over food then you didn't order enough. If you want to make sure girls don't take greedily and then not eat it - have staff give it out. But there definitely should be more than a single sandwich for dinner...

amother
  Oldlace  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:41 am
amother Rose wrote:
Warning! This group only allows pro camp ideas to be posted and they will remove anything posted which insinuates that the girls are not having a good time. Do not trust anything it says there.

You are right!
I’m leaving the chat. Valid posts of people sharing their relatives experiences are being deleted promptly and there is one person who is posting ridiculous comments pro the situation in response.

People posting how their relatives haven’t received anything to eat yet today , and that they had slept on the floor and this person is responding that this is ‘so fun!’
I am guessing someone connected to the camp started it for damage control

amother
Lightyellow  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:47 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
You are right!
I’m leaving the chat. Valid posts of people sharing their relatives experiences are being deleted promptly and there is one person who is posting ridiculous comments pro the situation in response.

People posting how their relatives haven’t received anything to eat yet today , and that they had slept on the floor and this person is responding that this is ‘so fun!’
I am guessing someone connected to the camp started it for damage control

I’m confused abt the chat, it was started in 2022

amother
  Acacia  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:50 am
This is awful.
I hope everyone picks up their daughters and gets a refund and can still do something exciting with what's left of first half. This reminds me a bit of the flopped pesach program but a lot worse. BH everyone is alive and well but it's a horrible mess nonetheless. I'm so sorry to all mothers who have kids there. I'm also sorry for the staff and everyone who tried so hard to make this work. Poor head counselor... It's so crazy.

amother
  Cantaloupe  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:51 am
amother Lightyellow wrote:
I’m confused abt the chat, it was started in 2022

They are probably using an old chat and renamed it

amother
  Charcoal  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:53 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
Any tichtig person can organize it and have it done in 2 hours. But you need to pay to get things done. It’s obviously about the money.
Parents paid 3,000 to send their kids. There is no reason why wonderful yidden should be needed to come drop off food .

I'm not condoning this situation in any way. My daughter is there and it's horrifying. I live a 7 hour drive away. Trying to think if it's feasible to have her home for Shabbos. I promised her In would get her to somewhere else for Shabbos if she wants to.

That being said this is not a 2 hour job. There's over 1200 people there. Hotel furniture is all being unassembled and sent to a warehouse for storage. Only then can they start assembling 600+ bunkbeds and bring on over a thousand mattresses. It's a huge undertaking and I'm baffled why anyone thought it could be done on the fly.

amother
  Charcoal  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:54 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
What a dysfunctional disaster.
If my daughter was there right now you bet I’d get in the car at 1:30 am and driver 2.5 hours to get her. No bed?? No luggage?? No food and water?? I’m shocked

Not everyone lives that close. My daughter said girls were being picked up last night.

amother
  Acacia  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:56 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
I'm not condoning this situation in any way. My daughter is there and it's horrifying. I live a 7 hour drive away. Trying to think if it's feasible to have her home for Shabbos. I promised her In would get her to somewhere else for Shabbos if she wants to.

That being said this is not a 2 hour job. There's over 1200 people there. Hotel furniture is all being unassembled and sent to a warehouse for storage. Only then can they start assembling 600+ bunkbeds and bring on over a thousand mattresses. It's a huge undertaking and I'm baffled why anyone thought it could be done on the fly.

I'm baffled why on earth they had the girls come before it was 100% ready. I guess they felt crazy pressure because they were already a week late as is. Still someone here has very very poor planning skills.
I feel so bad that your daughter traveled this far and now has to turn back.
Is there still a chance that things will settle and it will work out?

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 11:31 am
My dd isn't there, but she was in seminary in Israel during Covid.

She called, right after Shabbos in NY. She stayed up all night to talk to us. She said that she wants to come home. So she did. I found someone that was putting together a flight and got her a ticket.

The seminary kept on telling us to keep the girls there, everyone that was able to went home.

You need to do what's right for your dd.

amother
  Oldlace  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 11:34 am
amother Charcoal wrote:

I wasn’t talking about the beds. I was talking about ample food, water and luggage. And possibly buying some cushions etc so the girls could feel safe while the beds are taken care of.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:02 pm
This situation sounds ridiculous. If I had my children there I’d promptly pick them up and dispute the charges.
This is so unacceptable it’s unbelievable
Page 6 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics