Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka delay
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 15  16  17  Next

amother
Tulip  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:53 pm
Wow wow wow I’m so sorry you’re all dealing with this! Beyond dysfunctional. Some of these issues seem like easily fixable problems - ordering food takes one phone call to a caterer, the food can be delivered to the hotel. Water bottles? Have someone drive to Walmart and fill their car for goodness sake. It’s life threatening to not have water in a heat wave. And getting luggage moved just requires a few u hauls and Spanish laborers. Are they too understaffed to do these things?

amother
  Blush  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:56 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Wow wow wow I’m so sorry you’re all dealing with this! Beyond dysfunctional. Some of these issues seem like easily fixable problems - ordering food takes one phone call to a caterer, the food can be driven to the hotel. Water bottles? Have someone drive to Walmart and fill their car for goodness sake. It’s life threatening to not have water in a heat wave. And getting luggage moved just requires a few u hauls and Spanish laborers. Are they too understaffed to do these things?

These issues are not fixable
Because the Camp is obviously not willing to fork over money to pay for these things.
Money that parents paid..

Ruchi

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:25 pm
If Child Protection Services get to gear about this, it could turn ugly. Tne Director could get arrested and charged with child neglect

amother
  Acacia  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:39 pm
I can't wrap my brain around this. I would for sure pick up my daughter if she'd be there. I feel so bad for everyone involved!

amother
Mistyrose  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:41 pm
Just woken up by my daughter calling and sobbing. She was upbeat all day - but it’s late and there is no mattress or the other half of her luggage. I’m at a lost.

amother
  Acacia  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:43 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Just woken up by my daughter calling and sobbing. She was upbeat all day - but it’s late and there is no mattress or the other half of her luggage. I’m at a lost.

I sincerely hope that every single girl is bussed home tomorrow. I'm sorry about this awful flop of their summer plans but health and safety first. There's a heat wave outside and if no normal food, drink, ac, luggage, beds they belong home! What a mess. So crazy. I'm so sorry for you and your daughter.

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:51 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
I sincerely hope that every single girl is bussed home tomorrow. I'm sorry about this awful flop of their summer plans but health and safety first. There's a heat wave outside and if no normal food, drink, ac, luggage, beds they belong home! What a mess. So crazy. I'm so sorry for you and your daughter.

Where is the camp located?
How far from Lakewood?

amother
  Mistyrose  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 10:57 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Where is the camp located?
How far from Lakewood?

2.5 hours. If my husband leaves now he’ll be on the road for 5 hours. Not so practical in middle of the night.

amother
  Acacia  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:00 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
2.5 hours. If my husband leaves now he’ll be on the road for 5 hours. Not so practical in middle of the night.

What's the name of the hotel they're in? How was the hotel completely empty? I guess it wasn't operating recently.

UQT

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:14 pm
Poconos resort and conference center. I have no idea how it was located.

aria3578  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 4:46 am
Apparently police showed up at 2:30 am
I wonder what happened

amother
  Bronze

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 5:02 am
aria3578 wrote:
Apparently police showed up at 2:30 am
I wonder what happened

The fire,alarm went off so police and fire dept showed up

amother
  Blush  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 5:03 am
I have 2 nieces there!
What happened?!?

amother
  Steel

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 5:41 am
amother Acacia wrote:
What's the name of the hotel they're in? How was the hotel completely empty? I guess it wasn't operating recently.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Ho......html

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 5:58 am
I’m confused. The logistics don’t sound so complicated. My husband deals with logistics all day and is very tichtig (and so are many, many guys.) he could get this situation under control in a few hours. And he is not unique. Why are they having such a hard time? I am not volunteering him, he has a day job lol, I’m just surprised.

amother
  Diamond  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 6:04 am
amother Wine wrote:
I’m confused. The logistics don’t sound so complicated. My husband deals with logistics all day and is very tichtig (and so are many, many guys.) he could get this situation under control in a few hours. And he is not unique. Why are they having such a hard time? I am not volunteering him, he has a day job lol, I’m just surprised.

The time to figure it out was last week. I’m going to get my girls. The irresponsibility is blowing my mind.

amother
  Mistyrose  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 6:07 am
I think any tichtig person can do this but not in 4 hours. And for some reason they didn’t reach out for help until the staff arrived. I wish there was someone to communicate that they should send the girls home for shabbos. They are not refugees! They have parents, a home and a bed. My daughter said wonderful yidden are driving up and dropping off food. And I’m incredibly grateful for that. But I’m happy to feed her and provide a bed and air conditioning. They should send home a few days and restart but there is no one to communicate with.

amother
  Mistyrose  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 6:08 am
amother Diamond wrote:
The time to figure it out was last week. I’m going to get my girls. The irresponsibility is blowing my mind.
do
Are you from Lakewood? Do you have room in your car?

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 6:09 am
Nebbach. Reading the reviews on trip advisor about the hotel. If I had kids there, I would be running to get them.

amother
  Oldlace  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 6:16 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I think any tichtig person can do this but not in 4 hours. And for some reason they didn’t reach out for help until the staff arrived. I wish there was someone to communicate that they should send the girls home for shabbos. They are not refugees! They have parents, a home and a bed. My daughter said wonderful yidden are driving up and dropping off food. And I’m incredibly grateful for that. But I’m happy to feed her and provide a bed and air conditioning. They should send home a few days and restart but there is no one to communicate with.

Any tichtig person can organize it and have it done in 2 hours. But you need to pay to get things done. It’s obviously about the money.
Parents paid 3,000 to send their kids. There is no reason why wonderful yidden should be needed to come drop off food .
Page 5 of 17   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics