Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I am very curious about not making aliyah
  Previous  1  2  3   15  16  17  Next

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 4:00 am
Maybe this is community-dependent. Our shul has experienced a huge uptick in olim these past 4-5 years. Some do go back, but there is definitely strong net growth.

someone

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 4:46 am
These thread usually go downhill pretty fast OP. If you look there have been a bunch of threads on this recently, you might find some answers to your question there.
I also think there is a gradual increase in aliyah, or at least of people seriously considering it. Even just based on the number of aliyah inquiry threads on this site.
But I also think (and I'm saying this as one of the biggest proponents of aliyah around) that I find it hard to understand the whole Israel is safer mentality. I don't think most of us came here because we think it's safer here, but for other reasons...

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 4:51 am
amother Grape wrote:
Can’t earn a parnasa.
Do I leave my elderly parents and widowed MIL?
DDs is in shidduchim and has a year left to her program and the others are in HS.
(I won’t mention that DH and I don’t speak a lick of Hebrew- basically ani eparon)

Aliya is the dream, but not sure how to make the dream a reality.

Herzl answered that 150 years ago.

If you will it, it is no dream.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 4:53 am
small bean wrote:
Cam I be honest and say I don't like the culture and lifestyle?

My husband would move in a heartbeat.

I disagree, but respect your honesty, instead of a long list of excuses.

amother
Tulip

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 5:02 am
As someone who made Aliyah 8 yrs ago, wouldn't move back, and was joined nearly 3 yrs ago by my parents, Aliyah and living in Israel is not for everyone.

One can always 'make it work' but it's not living your life it can be living a miserable or non content life.
Of course there are many that can make it work if they would just come but they have to want to fully come in their hearts and not coz there is anti semitism where they are living.

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 5:10 am
Well, for one, my degree is not recognized there

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 5:28 am
And because DH doesn’t want to go

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 5:29 am
And while yes, I do think that E”Y is safer, we are told that right before moshaich nowhere is going to be safe we are going to have nowhere to run.

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:08 am
In my OOT community we have many Israeli families who moved here. Their reasons for moving were the financial pressure and the religiosity pressure.

small bean

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:10 am
Elfrida wrote:

Which part are you disagreeing with me about?

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:16 am
Elfrida wrote:

Here we go again. This post is not about curiosity it’s about judgement

Busybee5

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:19 am
For me Israel seems really scary to go to right now, let alone live there. I actually feel very safe in my part of the UK. Stuff happens everywhere, the 'bomb' has your name in it. If Hashem wants something to happen to us then it'll happen wherever we live.
My dh would love to pick up now and move to Israel, his dream! But more because he wants to be amongst his own people. He's not scared here, it can just get uncomfortable with neighbours etc.
We've no family at all there, all our family are in the UK.

Busybee5

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:25 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
Why? Cuz I love where I live right now!
Wouldn’t move any time!

Actually the thought of going to EY frightens me more than anything.. with the war now and the Iranian neighbors.. hezbolla

Exactly!! I lived in Israel a couple of years.
I prefer it here 🤷‍♀️ this is where I grew up.

amother
Pistachio

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:36 am
amother Outerspace wrote:

Exactly. I, for one, find these posts extremely hurtful. I've always wanted to make aliyah long before the millions of my friends who are suddenly interested in living in Israel. My inability to do so yet is none of your business and definitely not "excuses" but it has nothing to do with not wanted to go. And yes, I am well aware of the antisemitism. I live in the thick of it. But for me, that's not relevant as far as aloya is concerned. I've always had a burning desire to live in Israel- not to run there for safety.

freilich

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 8:33 am
amother Hosta wrote:
I am very curious about the evangelizing to make aliyah.
We are all equally in galus wherever we are. Yes Israel will always be the holiest place to be.
Realistically, people have family, businesses, kids in school, and lives in general. The answer is not for everyone to pick up and move.
Glad it worked for you. Doesn't mean it will work for everyone else.
We will all end up there eventually and until then we will all suffer in galus wherever in the world we are.
This I so true. While yidden always yearn to live in Eretz Yisrael it is still galus. We are promised to be collected M'Arba Kanfis Haaretz. So for whoever can make the move, great for you and your family. However, those that can't are BH not doomed.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 8:36 am
amother Outerspace wrote:

These threads are started as judgement, not curiosity. Always. “I did, it was great, I don’t understand why more people aren’t doing it” But then when people give their (very valid) reasons, we are told they are excuses, or those who live in Israel don’t ageee with our reasoning, or we don’t want it badly enough….any number of reasons that make us feel looked down on. It’s not ok. We don’t need to justify our lives to anyone except Hashem.

freilich

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 8:36 am
Elfrida wrote:
Herzl answered that 150 years ago.

If you will it, it is no dream.
Herzl, is that the person we frum people should emulate?

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 8:39 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
These threads are started as judgement, not curiosity. Always. “I did, it was great, I don’t understand why more people aren’t doing it” But then when people give their (very valid) reasons, we are told they are excuses, or those who live in Israel don’t ageee with our reasoning, or we don’t want it badly enough….any number of reasons that make us feel looked down on. It’s not ok. We don’t need to justify our lives to anyone except Hashem.

Yup exactly.

Reality

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 8:45 am
freilich wrote:
Herzl, is that the person we frum people should emulate?

https://www.youtube.com/live/S.....p2yJb

If you truly are curious to answer that question, Rabbi Wein answers this question masterfully in the shiur he recently gave.

small bean

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 9:24 am
I'm not sure I was hugged.

You can't disagree with how I feel about israel. You can say that you don't feel like that. You also can't disagree with me about my husband, who you don't know.

I have a lot of family there, my parents and 4 siblings. Tons of cousins. If I liked the lifestyle and culture, I'd move there.
Page 2 of 17   Previous  1  2  3   15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions