Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Newborn making squeaky sounds when breathing

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:13 pm
I noticed the past few days my baby makes these weird squeaky sound when breathing in. It’s worse when he’s on his back. I get so nervous cuz it sounds like he’s not breathing well
Any ideas what it could be? Forgot to mention it to the ped today, I’ll call if it’s an emergency but when I pick him up he breathes fine. Also doesn’t happen all the time

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:14 pm
Look up laryngomalacia

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:15 pm
A few of my babies had it. My ped said not to worry. It went away with time.
I'd mention it next tiime, though

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:16 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
Look up laryngomalacia

My baby has this

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:19 pm
My baby did this! Freaked me out and brought her to the er, everything ended up being fine bh. I would call your pediatrician just to put you at ease, especially with a newborn you want to be safe even though it’s probably fine

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:20 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
Look up laryngomalacia

Came here to say this. Often babies will outgrow it but it could potentially cause nursing problems. To quote my lactation consultant, my baby was working too hard to breathe between sips to coordinate sip-suck-swallow that she was tiring out after just a few minutes of nursing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:28 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Came here to say this. Often babies will outgrow it but it could potentially cause nursing problems. To quote my lactation consultant, my baby was working too hard to breathe between sips to coordinate sip-suck-swallow that she was tiring out after just a few minutes of nursing.

Yes that’s what happened to me!! He’d suck a few times and then fall asleep or stop and come off frustrated
He’s not even 2 weeks old but I started pumping right away bec otherwise he won’t eat
We just thought he was a sleepy baby but this makes more sense

hanna2010

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:00 pm
I don’t want to alarm you but I experienced this with my newborn in thehospital. They were concerned about her heart… multiple tests and put her on antibiotic for a week and kept her for observation. Was never really clear what the problem was…long story. In any case… I would definitely check it out asap. Better safe than sorry and hopefully nothing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics