Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Update —TMI my sons p….
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 11:25 am
When someone has a situation like this, definatly ask first a TOP PROFFESIONAL MOHEL to make sure the bris is kosher (according to [at least] some poskim, it can also become 'unkosher'). Than you can try doctors, urologists etc.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 1:32 pm
I made appointment by urologist.
Who is a top moel to make an apt by

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 7:07 pm
Just wanted to update. The urologist said it is from the fat and hopefully when he reaches puberty and has growth spurt it’ll change.
I don’t love the answer but it is what it is and bh nothing physically wrong. Thanks everyone for your help

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 7:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just wanted to update. The urologist said it is from the fat and hopefully when he reaches puberty and has growth spurt it’ll change.
I don’t love the answer but it is what it is and bh nothing physically wrong. Thanks everyone for your help

My son had this too for a long time. He was a chubby child, and the bathroom messes were definitely him!. The urologist said the same thing to me . When my son was in HS, he was in the hospital for an unrelated medical issue and I had help take care of him and I can tell you it looks like puberty made a difference!

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 7:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

Thanks so much for the update ! Was he a chubby kid? Mine son was a chubby baby but he thinned out fast . Hope that rly all it is. I just worry tht I won’t know when he hits puberty if it’s better , bec by then I hope he’ll have some more tznuis awareness than he has now

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 8:39 pm
That's also what ours said. It's because he's fat and it will look more normal with time. They said not to do anything about it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 10:09 pm
So I don’t know what to do…. I see lately he’s having to push his aiver area every few seconds in order for the head to pop out. Tonight he tells me “mommy you don’t understand, I don’t remember anymore we’re I could play and not haveto push it in every few seconds because it hurts “ it’s so sad. He basically has to push in so the head pops out, but few seconds later it goes back in.
Where do I turn for help. The urologist said it’s from being chubby but come on , there’s fat kids everywhere I don’t think they have this issue

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 11:25 pm
Bump

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 11:30 pm
I think you should go to a different urologist and describe your child’s discomfort.
When you first went your concern was appearance. Now it’s about being uncomfortable. No one has to live in discomfort.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 11:35 pm
At my son's bris, the very experienced mohel said that he would have this issue and it was somehow related to his tongue tie (?) and his weight.

In the end the tongue tie caused him to lose a lot of weight and although he gained a lot back he never got chubby. So as of now he doesn't have this issue.

I agree about taking your son to a urologist. Hopefully they can help, he shouldn't have to be uncomfortable!

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 11:55 pm
So you’re saying it got worse ? Or do u think bec u brought him to a urologist , u brought his Attention to it , he’s more aware of it , so it’s bothering him more ?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 11:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I don’t know what to do…. I see lately he’s having to push his aiver area every few seconds in order for the head to pop out. Tonight he tells me “mommy you don’t understand, I don’t remember anymore we’re I could play and not haveto push it in every few seconds because it hurts “ it’s so sad. He basically has to push in so the head pops out, but few seconds later it goes back in.
Where do I turn for help. The urologist said it’s from being chubby but come on , there’s fat kids everywhere I don’t think they have this issue

If he expresses that it bothers him you should take him for a second opinion. Tell the doctor that in addition to your concerns this is what he tells you. Tell him that it is making him sad and in pain.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 1:22 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
At my son's bris, the very experienced mohel said that he would have this issue and it was somehow related to his tongue tie (?) and his weight.

In the end the tongue tie caused him to lose a lot of weight and although he gained a lot back he never got chubby. So as of now he doesn't have this issue.

I agree about taking your son to a urologist. Hopefully they can help, he shouldn't have to be uncomfortable!

Mohel told us same about tongue tie. The attachment under the tongue is tugging at the top of the spine where the back of the tongue meets the top of the spine. I suppose it can be pulling all the way down to there. I'm wondering if a chiropractor or craniosacral therapist would help.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 7:06 am
That’s so interesting. He had his tongue tie and lip tie as baby, the tongue was clipped twice as a baby. It was a posterior tie. It bothered him on and off before I went to urologist, but now it seems to be worse

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 7:14 am
I once went with my son to a urologist for a completely diff issue, don't remember his name (if you post here a name I will recall if that was the one) he was recommended to me by dr shanik (lakewood) I think he was about an hour away. If you are looking for someone who will be kind and sensitive, he def fits the bill. Older guy, seemed very knowledgeable and def made my son feel comf about his private issue. my son was 11/12ish when we went.

cbsp

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:42 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
I once went with my son to a urologist for a completely diff issue, don't remember his name (if you post here a name I will recall if that was the one) he was recommended to me by dr shanik (lakewood) I think he was about an hour away. If you are looking for someone who will be kind and sensitive, he def fits the bill. Older guy, seemed very knowledgeable and def made my son feel comf about his private issue. my son was 11/12ish when we went.

Was it Dr. Tannenbaum in the Teaneck area?

That's who Dr. Samet z"l from Passaic recommended to us. He's a frum, ehrliche yid. Very experienced.

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 5:26 pm
cbsp wrote:
Was it Dr. Tannenbaum in the Teaneck area?

That's who Dr. Samet z"l from Passaic recommended to us. He's a frum, ehrliche yid. Very experienced.

No, it was a long name starting with an 'R'

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 6:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s so interesting. He had his tongue tie and lip tie as baby, the tongue was clipped twice as a baby. It was a posterior tie. It bothered him on and off before I went to urologist, but now it seems to be worse

So my son also had his tongue tie fixed twice as a baby, posterior tie here too. Guess what...he also had to have his bris twice, we had it fixed up when he was 2. There's definitely something there.
If this was my kid, I'd prob hold off on the urologist for now and try a craniosacral therapist who can loosen all the tightness in the body in case the problem is that it's pulling. I don't know where you're located but if you're in Lakewood, I can tell you who we went to.
Bh my son's seems like it's fully resolved now.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Aug 12 2023, 8:24 pm
Why are you all examining your 9 year olds p@nises? Did your son's tell you that they have a problem? I wouldn't even know if my 11 year old had a p@nis problem Can't Believe It

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sat, Aug 12 2023, 9:45 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
Why are you all examining your 9 year olds p@nises? Did your son's tell you that they have a problem? I wouldn't even know if my 11 year old had a p@nis problem Can't Believe It

We took care of my son's when he was 3, not 9. And if it was bothering a kid that much, yes I hope they'd feel comfortable to tell their mother.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics