Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I'm a pool owner. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:38 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Heard from someone who lives in Miami that anytime there's a story of someone drowning there it's always a visitor, not someone who lives there, because everyone who lives there makes sure their kids know how to swim.

I can think of at least three stories in the last few years of children drowning in Miami -all in their own pool.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:40 pm
amother Daphne wrote:
Not to beat a dead horse, but you really should check with your homeowners insurance policy. I know you said your husband took care of it. Why don’t you just call and confirm?
Let them know that you rent out your pool for money and make sure that your homeowners insurance policy will cover.
Better safe than sorry.
Yes I am an attorney.
No, I am not providing legal advice.
All the best have a safe enjoyable summer.

I actually checked with him after some posters brought it up. I appreciate everyone's concern, and glad it was brought up here

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:43 pm
It is on my to do list to become a certified lifeguard, but I am a pretty busy person so I didn't have time to take care of it yet. I don't offer to watch people's kids besides for my own - and my own kids know how to swim very well. I give them lessons at a very young age.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:45 pm

amother
  Burgundy  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:37 pm
Do you require prepayment to secure the steady renters' slots? How do you ensure that they'll show up?

In general when someone wants to rent, do you request payment in advance to secure their slot? If not, what if they cancel last minute? Does it happen often?

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
We have a great filter and a saltwater system. It only needs to be shocked if we shut the system for a few days.

Please look into this, because my understanding is that the pump for all pools must run at least 8 hours a day for sanitary reasons.

Here's what I found online:

"If you do not run your pump for the requisite number of hours per day, your water will not be able to circulate through the filter system. This means debris and bacteria have free reign to remain in your pool, contaminating the water and making it unsafe to swim in."

"Not running the pump... is also a sanitary issue, and is the primary cause of a murky pool. The moment you turn off your water pump, debris, algae and bacteria start to build up, which can eventually lead to cloudy or green water."

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:43 pm
Maryann wrote:
Do you report this income?

this was asked a couple times and OP didnt answer which means she either doesnt report it at all or only partially.. but tbh why is renting out a pool any different than a side job? although obviously illegal and wrong, it is very common for ppl not to fully report a side hustle (especially one thats paid in cash)

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:53 pm
amother Almond wrote:
this was asked a couple times and OP didnt answer which means she either doesnt report it at all or only partially.. but tbh why is renting out a pool any different than a side job? although obviously illegal and wrong, it is very common for ppl not to fully report a side hustle (especially one thats paid in cash)

Yea... are babysitters asked if they report their income? Or mothers helpers or cleaning ladies?

I won't say if I do or don't, but I'm just trying to understand why people are so hung up on whether I report this income or not.

amother
  Lemon  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yea... are babysitters asked if they report their income? Or mothers helpers or cleaning ladies?

I won't say if I do or don't, but I'm just trying to understand why people are so hung up on whether I report this income or not.

Well lets start with you opened a thread called AMA

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:55 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
Well lets start with you opened a thread called AMA

I know, and I answered most of the questions that people asked. This is just a strange question, and it's been asked multiple times.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:57 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
Do you require prepayment to secure the steady renters' slots? How do you ensure that they'll show up?

In general when someone wants to rent, do you request payment in advance to secure their slot? If not, what if they cancel last minute? Does it happen often?

I don't require prepayment, and I've almost never had any last minute cancelations

amother
  Daphne  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know, and I answered most of the questions that people asked. This is just a strange question, and it's been asked multiple times.

I don’t think it’s a strange question. Not the kind of question you would ask someone you don’t know but you did open up a thread that said “ask me anything”.
This question is obviously making you uncomfortable and that’s OK.
But it’s not a strange question.
It is a question that you’re not comfortable answering.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:00 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Please look into this, because my understanding is that the pump for all pools must run at least 8 hours a day for sanitary reasons.

Here's what I found online:

"If you do not run your pump for the requisite number of hours per day, your water will not be able to circulate through the filter system. This means debris and bacteria have free reign to remain in your pool, contaminating the water and making it unsafe to swim in."

"Not running the pump... is also a sanitary issue, and is the primary cause of a murky pool. The moment you turn off your water pump, debris, algae and bacteria start to build up, which can eventually lead to cloudy or green water."

Which is why it needs to be shocked after not running for several days...

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:06 pm
amother OP wrote:

Some people might be asking genuinely because they want to understand how profitable it is while others want to gotcha you because they're oh such good Christians scratch that citizens that never lie in church scratch that to the government.

You can just ignore.

amother
  Trillium

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:08 pm
What happens if someone booked it and then it rains?

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:10 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
What happens if someone booked it and then it rains?

It's too bad on me then, they don't come and don't pay

amother
  Watermelon

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:15 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Heard from someone who lives in Miami that anytime there's a story of someone drowning there it's always a visitor, not someone who lives there, because everyone who lives there makes sure their kids know how to swim.

Not true

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:39 pm
Wow op good for you! I also rent out my pool but mine is not as busy though I wish it was. We also maintain our pool on our own. It's alot of work but saves us a large expense and also it's sparkling clean bec it's maintained daily!

amother
  Coffee

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:43 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
Lol I grew up in Miami where everyone had a pool and this is just not a normal expectation. Kids learned how to swim well from a very young age and people are more aware of water safety but nobody gets lifeguard training for their pool.

Al I can do is Banging head
Who the heck cares what everyone does?? Safety Is more important than anything !!

amother
  Slateblue  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:50 am
amother Daphne wrote:
I don’t think it’s a strange question. Not the kind of question you would ask someone you don’t know but you did open up a thread that said “ask me anything”.
This question is obviously making you uncomfortable and that’s OK.
But it’s not a strange question.
It is a question that you’re not comfortable answering.

It's a very nosey unnecessary question. Sorry.
What are you? The irs?
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics